Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I was to close to fucking up this time..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: I was to close to fucking up this time.. Reply with quote

Heya.. Just thought Id tell you about my near miss I had today.

Basicly was riding like a twat on some twisties, common from a market place which I went with my friend whos on a ped... I was bored from doing 30mph on these lovely roads so I opened it.

I came to a rather big but steap bridge over a motorway. Double white lines in the middle of the road since it was blind, then a long sweeping courner follows, the place had just be retarmaced and its lovely to cain it round.

But when I came over the bridge at around about 80mph to my horror there was a 3 car traffic jam up ahead, and then there was a farmer tractor turning into a junction!

I really really thought I was gona end up in serious trouble, but amazing and rather suprisingly I kept my cool. I planned my escape route some how, well it dont take a brain scientist to work it out, I was just gona try stay in the center of the road to avoid the traffic jam cars and to avoid anything coming the other way.

I pressed the front brake, this is whilst mid turn, and the back end stepped out. It felt massive but was probably only a little bit, this was helped with a bit of rear brake as well. The bike was vibrating pretty badly as well.

Somehow I managed to slow it down and only went passed one car.

I learned my lesson though, I really do think I wouldnt be telling this story if I fucked up and pressed the brake to hard or somthing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jebus
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 10 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:19 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats just really stupid mate, calm down and dont go that fast on bits of roads that are blind, good your ok
____________________
2nd time around Smile CBT: 8/9/11
125 Varadero
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lurker
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:43 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't want to pick holes in your amazing escape but don't quite get how pulling the front brake would ever make the back wheel step out???????
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gradog
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:43 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it as a warning, take heed of it and drive safe. Glad it was only a warning and you didn't pay the price for going faster than the distance you can see you can stop in.
____________________
Grey haired bikers don't get that way from pure luck. Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:51 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

lurker wrote:
don't want to pick holes in your amazing escape but don't quite get how pulling the front brake would ever make the back wheel step out???????


he mentions using the rear aswell. Thumbs Up
as said above use this as a warning. most people crasha couple of times before reacting. get one step ahead and just slow down. NEVER EVER go fast enough so you cannot stop in the space that you can see. in other words, dont assume everything ahead is rosy. Thumbs Up

Paul
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:23 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

too close. not to close

Wink
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:57 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for posting about it, we can learn from ur mistake so we dont have to make the same one Thumbs Up
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:20 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Re: I was to close to fucking up this time.. Reply with quote

GearboxGeezer wrote:
Heya.. Just thought Id tell you about my near miss I had today.

Basicly was riding like a twat on some twisties,

I didn't bother to read past that point....

& it's "basically" btw.... Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless i have this wrong arnt you the guy with the NOS'ed RS125?


IF SO I SURGEST YOU GO AND BUY A CAR!
____________________
Squiffy_The_Wombat
Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:48 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squiffy_The_Wombat wrote:
unless i have this wrong arnt you the guy with the NOS'ed RS125?


IF SO I SURGEST YOU GO AND BUY A CAR!



actually no dont, you will be twice as dangerous, get the bus ! Thumbs Up
____________________
Squiffy_The_Wombat
Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Re: I was to close to fucking up this time.. Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
GearboxGeezer wrote:
Heya.. Just thought Id tell you about my near miss I had today.

Basicly was riding like a twat on some twisties,


I didn't bother to read past that point....


Rolling Eyes If you are going to say that you were ridong like a tw*t then you arent going to get a lot of sympathy.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:13 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squiffy_The_Wombat wrote:
Squiffy_The_Wombat wrote:
unless i have this wrong arnt you the guy with the NOS'ed RS125?


IF SO I SURGEST YOU GO AND BUY A CAR!



actually no dont, you will be twice as dangerous, get the bus ! Thumbs Up


So you have never riden fast? Dick.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what did we learn from this little experience?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont ride fast over blind bridges with a courner directly after it and a junction used by big tractors Exclamation
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Re: I was to close to fucking up this time.. Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
I didn't bother to read past that point....

& it's "basically" btw.... Rolling Eyes


Why do you bother even coming on here mate?

Pretty much 99% of the stuff on here is crap anyway. Laughing Not sure why I keep coming back...Thinking
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:03 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Re: I was to close to fucking up this time.. Reply with quote

instigator wrote:
Why do you bother even coming on here mate?

Morbid curiousity.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

GearboxGeezer wrote:
Dont ride fast over blind bridges with a courner directly after it and a junction used by big tractors Exclamation


Corner, not courner.

We've all ridden faster than we can see to be clear. Most of us get away with it and never give it a second thought.

You were stupid, you got away with it, don't do it again.

Karma

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
So what did we learn from this little experience?


Use a spellchecker?
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
craigs23 wrote:
So what did we learn from this little experience?


Use a spellchecker?


Why do people care about spelling on a Motorbike forum.. As long as you can understand what there saying then who cares..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorbike shouldn't have a capital letter, it's just a noun, not a proper noun.

Classically ellipses have 3 full stops aswell.

HTH.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

GearboxGeezer wrote:
Why do people care about spelling on a Motorbike forum.. As long as you can understand what there saying then who cares..


I wasn't having a dig at you GG, it was aimed at the spelling nazis. Wink
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Akira
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly person
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GearboxGeezer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol ok Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bloo
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 28 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 06 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your time this time you were lucky next time you never know
A farm vehicle or cattle could be in the road
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gradog
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 07 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
Motorbike shouldn't have a capital letter, it's just a noun, not a proper noun.

Classically ellipses have 3 full stops aswell.

HTH.

Gaz


Why did i not think this was a place for pedants? Buggers get everywhere these days. LOL
____________________
Grey haired bikers don't get that way from pure luck. Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the car window.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.71 Kb