Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


XP Home version

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 17 Aug 2006    Post subject: XP Home version Reply with quote

Got a PC for a mate that needs reloading.

Normaly i'd just stick on the VLK Professional version and a copied key, but Microsoft are cracking down and lots of warnings etc. I do have access to a proper VLK (work), but I don't want to do that.

Anyway the PC came with Windows XP Home , it has the sticker with serial number, but he has no media for XP Home.

Now will any XP home CD work in this PC?

For a fact, the Dell XP Professional CDs I have now only work with Dells. Even if I take the serial key off my machine at work, it won't let me enter it. (ie won't even allow certain letters to be entered).

What should I do, is it go out and spent £60 time on his behalf?

Or does someone have an XP home CD that I can use.

I don't see why we should have to pay when he's legit.

Cheers.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 17 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any xp home oem disk should do it.

Download a copy because to be honest microsoft dont give a shit where the software came from as long as you have a genuine COA.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 17 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahh but with the Professional version , if you use the Dell XP Pro cd say on my home pc it don't work???

Its downloading
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T1z3R
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 17 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think thats because its a vendor verison. DELL have them as do Toshiba, HP etc.

a proper OEM isn't branded.
____________________
duck my sick!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 18 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers everyone.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:25 - 18 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

... just fucking fdisk the box and load up your version frm work.

I've got a XP pro version burned from work with a key that I've been using for years... even after no longer working there.

You have no idea how much piracy goes on even inside a software company. Razz

(yarrr! Pirating!!!!)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 49 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 46.78 Kb