Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Former MCM Fastline Suzuki Endurance race bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Motocyco Girl
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Former MCM Fastline Suzuki Endurance race bike Reply with quote

In 1994 this was touted at the world's fastest endurance race bike. We acquired the bike late in 1994 & it was raced in CCS, NASB, & Formula USA.
The bike didn't run for nine years & we even considered using it to make a cool bar in our house. It was just such an awesome bike we couldn't part with it.
It has PM aluminum wheels, & PM brakes, titanium exhaust, it's bored out to a 1200, key & flat slides, ported head, lightened cam shafts, 6 speed transmission, & converted to a mechanical clutch, corillo rods, titanium fastners & axles, total loss ignition, kosman adjustable triple clamps, KBY race only ports, a fox shock & link, & a 750 swing arm.
It weighs about 375lbs & has approx. 170hp at the rear wheel.

Well, we turned this 1993 Suzuki GSXR1100 into a Streetfighter drag bike instead. I did the paint....it's a psychadellic marblized flame combo with a tattooed looking Raptor headlight assembly.

The wheelie bar is a Motocyco design....made from phenolic material.....it uses a suspression of the suspension to put more rubber to the ground for drag racing. It's a quick bolt-on/off set-up that requires no alteration to the bike's suspension or swing arm. We can take it off & ride the bike without in less than an hour.

We also put a Psycho Tail section on the bike, a custom design front fender, all the custom bricken brackets, & a Raptor headlight to give it that "what is it" quality.

Of course the bike is piece of motorcycling history compared to what you can find rolling right out of the box these days, but she is still a beautiful machine in our eyes! A unique bike with a racing heritage & so many awesome features.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks sweet, not too sure about the headlight but the tail unit Twisted Evil Thumbs Up

Motocyco Girl
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:55 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: A different view of the bike Reply with quote

Last Sunday there was a drag event at the Wisconsin International Speedway near our home base. So we were shooting to get her together & running......as I said before, after not starting ONCE in nine years.....for this event. It would give us an opportunity to test out the wheelie bar.

Last week.....before the body work & tank were finished with paint, we rigged up a tempory fuel cell & attempted to push start the bike on the road in front of our shop. (Our neighbors are ever getting the bike show) She's a push starter.....so with Dave sitting on the frame rails & a fire extinguisher road side, a good friend of ours who's an ace bike mechanic, RJ, gave dave the run down the road.

After giving RJ the opportunity to warm up by NOT having the switch on....(RJ expressed his appreciation using language not befitting a lady, while panting for air) Dave hit the switch & the bike started right up with that very distinct sound from the carbarator. & Down the road he went. The front wheel went right off the ground right away & of course he had to light the tire up a bit......but then we shut her down. Not much fuel in the cell & with those kind of operations you can never rule out a fire.

Then night before the races we were up very late, getting the painted pieces on, & dealing with last minute issues (they always arise) In the end we got the bike to the track & got to ride in the practice runs with this one....but weren't allowed in the actual races due to the push start. So, now we're making a "starter" out of a chainsaw motor.
We learned that the wheelie bar works. We figured out the tweaking we need to do on it to increase its performance & we are going back to the track once completed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:36 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

it different i guess and if you like that sort thing is a very nice example Thumbs Up. What with the anti-wheelie thing?? why not just lengten the swingarm or something.

Bet it stands out at a bike meet though!

SoND
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy C wrote:
it different i guess and if you like that sort thing is a very nice example Thumbs Up. What with the anti-wheelie thing?? why not just lengten the swingarm or something.

You can take it off and ride around normally.

What sort of 1/4 mile times does that run?

Motocyco Girl
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:34 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Other stuff still to do Reply with quote

We have a few other things to wrap up on the bike before we're satisfied. All our bikes have a yin yang painted somewhere on them....this represents a balance between styling & performance. We like to make them look good....but what's the point if it's uncomfortable to ride or messes with the performance/handling.
So that's gotta find it's place still...

And then we are also adding a brass knuckle brake reservoir like the one in the picture.

Motocyco Girl
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 04:45 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: 1/4 mile Reply with quote

SoND wrote:
Andy C wrote:

You can take it off and ride around normally.

What sort of 1/4 mile times does that run?

Yes....that is the idea. You don't alter the bike's handling by lengthing the swing arm....& the bar is easily removable which returns it to a very street worthy mode.

We took the bike to a track this past Sunday. The best time on Sunday was a 11.5. Which wasn't as good as Dave wanted to do. But, it was his first time drag racing & he has to work on his reaction time at the start.

These were the first runs with the wheelie bar we designed & made....so we had to get that thing figured out. It works....but we have to make some alterations to the angle....the rear wheel on the bar needs to hook up with the ground sooner.

We believe that the bike is capable of getting in the 9s range. After we do some mods to the gearing & adjust the wheelie bar, we are taking the bike back to the drag strip again. I will be sure to make a report of our results here.

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 19:00 - 15 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the wheelie bar

alien.46.uk
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 01:19 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the look of that Bike Shocked ...

I love being different and that certainly is ...

Get some High Res pics done and make them available for Wallpapers or screensavers etc Razz ...

I know it would be either of mine Razz ...

Luke.

Thumbs Up

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:26 - 23 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a complete waste of a bike, it was built as a racer. LEAVE IT LIKE THAT!! Theres plenty of old GSXR11's around for you to butcher.

Would you have done that to one of Carl Fogarty's 916's or Mick Doohans NSR's?

/rant

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 24 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

'orrible.

DM
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 04:15 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks stunning, but mick does have a point. The bike had a place in history and one of the least "respectful" things one can do is erase its image. At the same time, it gives its new image an instant history, which is probably part of why it was done. In the end, however, it's still basically the original bike and could be returned to its original state by any subsequent owners in posession of money trees.

feef
Energiser Bunny

PostPosted: 10:08 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Re: Former MCM Fastline Suzuki Endurance race bike Reply with quote

Motocyco Girl wrote:
The wheelie bar is a Motocyco design....made from phenolic material.....it uses a suspression of the suspension to put more rubber to the ground for drag racing.

What kind of phenolic material?

Normally phenolics are used for such things as circuit-boards, washers and merhaps cut gears, but I've not heard of laminated cloth/plastic/glass being used for something semi-structural like a wheeliebar.

How does the wheelie bar supress the suspension? Does it mechanically restrict the movement of the swingarm or does it interfere with the spring/shock assembly?

[edit] scratch that last question.. I can see it attaches to the frame and the rear wheel spindle and so locks the swing arm[/edit]
a

Ork12
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:18 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool Smile Keep it up!
Alex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:05 - 25 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my style, but it's certainly different! Bet it stands out big time at the meets.

hmmmnz
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 22 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its wicked, i think you have made good use of an old racer, now its getting a new lease in a different sort of racing Thumbs Up

Klause
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:13 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I would of prefered it as it was. Sick .

Johnny GSX-R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 23 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick waste of a descent machine that was.

Why do all that work to it and not run it Confused i can sense an feeling of Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1