Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Post rating in Safari

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Post rating in Safari Reply with quote

Using Safari as a browser I can't rate posts. I just get a grey screen with an infinite scroll bar.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
shellshock This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Chuff
Nova Slayer



Joined: 08 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 30 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a very help section is it Embarassed
____________________
GS500e- 3 weeks, vfr750 - 12 months, cbr900 13 months, CBR1100XX 2 years, CBR600F4i 3 months cbr900rrx 5 months and counting
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Firefox to rate posts then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do at work... just wondered if it was the plug that Korn uses for ratings and whether he was aware it didn't work with Safari. Smile
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that this is now fixed.

The bad news is that I had to actually touch a Macintosh to see what was going wrong in the first place. Now I feel dirty Confused
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:06 - 31 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
The good news is that this is now fixed.


Thank you mister Korn

korn wrote:

The bad news is that I had to actually touch a Macintosh to see what was going wrong in the first place. Now I feel dirty Confused


Laughing
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
The good news is that this is now fixed.

The bad news is that I had to actually touch a Macintosh to see what was going wrong in the first place. Now I feel dirty Confused


Thank you!

Out of interest, what was the fault, and how did you fix it?
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:00 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Safari DOM sets document.body.clientHeight to the full height of the page, rather than the height of the client portal (i.e. your browser window) so that the popup box for the ratings would always appear too low. Since most pages tend to be taller than the portal it meant infinite vertical scrolling, and you'd never get to see the box.

The fix is to use the window object's innerHeight, which contains the figure needed.
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:04 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile

Assuming you didn't write the karma system yourself, have you submitted the fix to the guys who wrote the plugin?

If you wrote the plugin yourself then Thumbs Up
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:19 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, my own creation. I just don't usually test things in Safari if I can help it! Razz
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:47 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Safari is a little flakey.

I test all my websites with Firefox, and then try to 'fix' them so that they work in IE and the rest of the bunch.

I've got some javascript that works fine in IE and FF, yet in Safari it's broken. Got to be Apple's fault, and not mine of course! Wink
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:56 - 01 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be grateful that MS dumped IE Mac... that was a nightmare. Surprised
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 02 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:
Just be grateful that MS dumped IE Mac... that was a nightmare. Surprised


Maybe so but i have read before that a lot of the mac lusers used IE6 on mac cause it was better than the POS that is safari...

If i HAD to use a mac i'd use firefox... but i'd rather stick with windows and IE7 Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 02 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac users shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 02 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Mac users shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.


Very Happy ... they all have the same opinion hammered into there mind the first time they touch a mac though...


PC's are shit because... because... uhm, mac's look cool Rolling Eyes Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paddy Blake
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxxx

Last edited by Paddy Blake on 21:21 - 28 Oct 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Mac users shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.


It's only MAC users opinions that count!!

Pah, common PC's! Laughing
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

djr wrote:
PC's are shit because... because... uhm, mac's look cool Rolling Eyes Wink


PC's aren't shit. Windows is shit. Even when I was a pure windows user I thought windows was shit.

Has nothing to do with the fact I have an Apple now.

OS X has its own flaws - nothing is perfect.
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

feef
Energiser Bunny



Joined: 11 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Mac users shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.


I have a macbook, a windows laptop, a windows XP Media Center Edition system, and a Linux dev/test environment..

Of them all, the mac is easiest to use from a lame end-user pov, but it's also a pain for me to use, mainly cos I'm so used to windows for the GUI. the command shell in Mac OS X is nice tho.. means I can still SSH to the dev box and work on my code with vi Very Happy

a
____________________
Mudskipper wrote: feef, that is such a beautiful post that it gave me a lady tingle Laughing
Windchill calculator - London Bike parking
Blog and stuff - PlentyMoreFish dating
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Keen
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh...I've been using mac's since before they were cool Razz

I'm no developer, but what I do know is windows is shit. Mac OS is alot less shit (besides OS X is worth it for expose alone Smile ). My last wintel laptop crashed almost daily before finally dying on me and taking the entire contents of my hard disk with it. My current iBook has crashed maybe twice in over a year.
But to be fair, I am sick of how every time I post something on a mac forum that is even a tiny bit anti-apple, the geeks tear me to shreds. Some people take their computers entirely too seriously...
____________________
"he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man"- Dr. Johnson
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 28 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
Mac users shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.


A tad harsh, I feel.

Mac users should be allowed to purchase the latest iOpinions online from the US.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 119.5 Kb