|
|
| Author |
Message |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:24 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: Monthly bills |
 |
|
How much do you lot pay out each month on direct debits? I'm meant to be reasonably well off, but never feel it! A repair bill of over £3,000 for my car this week certainly wasn't paid without a bit of a wince.
I seem to pay out a fortune each month on direct debits before I even start to think of spending anything on food, petrol, clothes, going out, etc. I have no loans other than a mortgage (but I am only human, I have a small overdraft) yet I am paying out £2,700 every month on direct debits alone - only half of which (£1,350) is the mortgage. Another £600 is accounted for by money that goes to my daughter but that still leaves £750 each month on other bills, such as insurance policies, phones, electricity, gas, water, council tax, etc.
I wonder how I used to afford this kind of stuff - when I started working I only earned a little bit more than that after tax each month (OK, I know inflation has had a small effect).
How much are the rest of you regularly paying out of your wages? ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| karen_moomin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 karen_moomin World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:39 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Blimey, that does seem like a lot to pay out each month!
I pay out £660 per month which covers my mortgage, council tax, gas, electricity, internet, phone bill, mobile phone, food, life assurance, petrol, cat insurance and contact lenses.
Water, TV licence, house and contents insurance, car tax and insurance I pay for annually in a lump sum then it's out of the way.
The rest of my money goes on having fun, savings and investments
I don't know how people live in expensive parts of the country! It must be financial hell!
Last edited by karen_moomin on 18:02 - 02 Sep 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pte1643 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pte1643 Nearly there...

Joined: 07 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:44 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
My OH and I both work
He does 40 hrs, I do 25
He is well(ish paid), I am reasonably paid
Approx. £1,600 of his wages are eaten up with direct debits each month
We have gone through these DD's many times, and it is all stuiff that is 'normal'
Mortgage, tv llicence, water, gas/elec, mob phone, sky tv..
The ONLY luxuries we have are sky tv, and nice meals (in the house I mean..not eating out !!
That leaves us a bit... but not tons, of money to last the month out
Basically what is left of his wages are for spends... all of my wages go on kid stuff and shopping each week
And that is my money gone
It astounds me how people manage on a 'normal' wage these days
My OH is on quite a lot, but if he was on..say £7/8 an hour, we could not cope !
We are not living in a fancy house.. it is a terrace
We don't go out. And we don't fritter money away
Seems to me that other 'dodgy' people do better than us
We have overdrafts and 1 credit card, and we could not cope without these, as things happen in life
Example..
my card is written off. £300 to buy a new car in 1 week before hire car goes back
No car = no work = no money coming in for me
Many are the times we have just sat here, scratching heads, trying to trim down the spends
All we can do is cut off sky tv and buy value food
But.. we both WORK !
What the hell pleasure would we have left ??? Work, cr*p tv, cr*p food... who the hell wants that !!??
I always recall the Savage Garden song lyrics "I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair"..
damn right
Hard working people seem to get nowhere these days
Scroungers flourish
Oh... and they are putting gas/elec/car ins up. Great.
Be eating beans soon
Gotta laugh eh ??
Jo xxx ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| _Will_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 _Will_ World Chat Champion
Joined: 16 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:58 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:19 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I hate paying for stuff like loans and credit cards, thats why i dont have any. If you dont got the money dont buy it i say.
At the moment i am staying with family but soon i will have rent,electricity and food again. Thats about it.
My bike is bought and paid for and so is the insurance.
Easy  ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JodieWodie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JodieWodie Reflective Banana

Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:32 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dragonfly wrote: | I hate paying for stuff like loans and credit cards, thats why i dont have any. If you dont got the money dont buy it i say.
|
Easy enough said... but not as easy in real life sometimes
I ALWAYS, always had the same opinion as yourself, .. mainly when I was well-off with my ex, and my Daughter and I wanted for nothing
"No cash ?.. go without"
I did not have any debts until I was left single... and after that time
I am better off than most though... I have a small credit card and overdraft
Some people get seriously under !!
Things can, and do, crop up
With kids, pets, motor vehicles, etc.. things can sometimes be un- predictable
Everyone hits hard times, and I would rather pay for something on the credit card and then pay it back at a later stage
It's a fail safe ____________________ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Marcg868 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Marcg868 World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 02 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Total Outgoings each month
Mobile Bill: £35- £75
Loan: £120
Keep DD ito mum's account £140
And thats it from a 1200 a month job, so £865 to spend on bike, clothes, vinyl, going out.  ____________________ JACK, MISS YOU LOADS YOU LEGEND. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| john2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 john2 Brolly Dolly
Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:34 - 03 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
£35.99 on Insurance a month Will go down to £34.99 next month with my 1 years no claims!!!!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cqueen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cqueen World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Apr 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|