Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Nursery

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:49 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Nursery Reply with quote

I have had Josh in nursery for around 5-6 months now.
He love's it, gets on with everyone and the feedback I receive is good.
Last week we got told Josh bit someone. I was shocked as he has never ever bitten anyone, he prolly doesnt even know what it means.
I thought maybe he got bit first and he just did it back.
However yesterday (I just got home today so only just got told) That Josh was bitten twice. I took a look, its been 24 hours and the teeth marks are clearly visible still with brusin.
The assistant told my dad it was quite a scuffly between my son and this other lad. He is only 2.5.
Do I just forget about it and carry on but if happens again go and see what is really going on?
Or do I take him out of there? Stuck with what to do as they all seem so nice and he loves it there.
Anyone else had this prob with there little ones at playschool ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pwntifex
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got bitten quite badly on the neck by a kid when I was around the same age. Parents kept me in, though, and didn't seem to do me any harm. Police
____________________
the warped one: This is a follow up from the thread 'my willy hurts'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Arfdog
Crazy Courier



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep him in there. I have a 2 year old, and he used to bite everything and anything, hard. He has not done it for ages now, but he had to be taught that biting is bad.

It's not possible to tell a 2.5yr old anything, so he can only learn not to do something once he's done it already. Hopefully his minder made the biter see what trouble he'd caused and punished him for it, so that he has now learnt he mustn't bite. They do learn bloody fast at that age, as I'm sure you know.

Either way, the staff willl be aware of the situation between the two of them, and should be able to nip any troubles in the bud and get them playing along nicely from now on. Moving him will probably only compound the problem when he meets new kids who he hasn't learnt to get on with yet. And you know how hard it is finding good, trustworthy childminders....
____________________
I'm a lover, not a fighter.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont overreact Wink

Kids fight over the most stupid of things, especially toys. My son (now nearly 3) was slapped by a girl Embarassed because she wanted the toy that he had.

The nursery are quite strict and the kids dont get away with much, i they cant behave then they get 'told off'.

My son is absolutley covered in bruises at the moment, he is the most accident prone child ever. The nursery have an incident book, he has almost filled it up. The last incident was 'he just fell over whilst standing still' Laughing They inform us of any injuries and what treatment was given ie cuddles.

Dont worry, kids will be kids after all Wink
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:08 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be (until very recently) a Nursery Nurse

In a private day nursery setting, I saw biting alllll the time
It is V common in 2-3 year olds

It is simply a way of expressing themselves, in one of the only ways they know how
IE, I am simple..you annoy me, I punch your head in
What is wrong with that ? Surprised

The staff, if good, should keep an eye on the situation
Children that age learn quickly what is/is not acceptable
And, I dread to say it, they learn kind of like dogs at this age !!
You tell them NO, give themtime out, ignore them, and then they are truly sorry
They KNOW they have done wrong

Believe it or not, kids of the age 2.5 yrs CAN be a bit 'scuffly' and angry
They just need a firm hand and that it will not be tolerated

I would not pull him out of Nursery as he needs to get along with others, as does the other child involved
(AND I hope they didn't mention the other childs name to you !! HIGHLY wrong !!)

And, not to be funny, I see a lot of you bite me/I bite you back stuff
Your son could have developed a lil biting habit, and someone has bitten him back as they have learned the behaviour from him
(Not saying he has, it's a suggestion)
Or someone could have bitten your son... he has bitten this other kid,...and so on.. you know

At the end of the day.. about 50% of the lil kids today bite others when they are v young
They just need to know what is/isn't acceptable
they don't know til we tell them

I know your child means the world to you, I used to be physically sick if my kid wasn't happy as school etc... but there is worse to come !! Trust me !! Wink

Jo xx
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the all the replies I would have given are above.... They are aware of it, will keep an eye open, seem to keep you well informed, etc.
I'd keep my child there TBH

When my eldest was in the first year, I picked him up one day to find he had the biggest bruise with teeth marks in his cheek! The teacher told me he'd been bit by another child, but he had been very disruptive in assembly that day Rolling Eyes Needless to say that particuar teacher and myself ended up having a few well chosen words!
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:02 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son used to bite other kids. When he was about a year and a half old, he was always biting kids in his nursery class, and that was with me as the nursery teacher! Sometimes i could catch him before he did it, other times, he'd go behind something and bite a kid where I couldn't see it. I felt absolutely horrible that my kid was the biter. There was nothing I could do to make him stop either. Until... I spoke to my mother in law. She told me my ex had been a biter too, and the only way she'd gotten him to stop was to bite him too. I was shocked and horrified of course. But the very next week, a little girl's skin was broken by my son's teeth. I was in tears, I just didn't know what to do. So I took my son outside, and sat with him on my lap, and told him about how much he had hurt that girl, and then I showed him how much biting hurts. I cried and cried, more than he did. But he stopped biting after that.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Arfdog
Crazy Courier



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:40 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Jane wrote:
My son used to bite other kids. When he was about a year and a half old, he was always biting kids in his nursery class, and that was with me as the nursery teacher! Sometimes i could catch him before he did it, other times, he'd go behind something and bite a kid where I couldn't see it. I felt absolutely horrible that my kid was the biter. There was nothing I could do to make him stop either. Until... I spoke to my mother in law. She told me my ex had been a biter too, and the only way she'd gotten him to stop was to bite him too. I was shocked and horrified of course. But the very next week, a little girl's skin was broken by my son's teeth. I was in tears, I just didn't know what to do. So I took my son outside, and sat with him on my lap, and told him about how much he had hurt that girl, and then I showed him how much biting hurts. I cried and cried, more than he did. But he stopped biting after that.


Did he taste good? Is that why you're still licking your lips in your avatar?
____________________
I'm a lover, not a fighter.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:07 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't look too deeply into it , all children are like that I probably was , myself , its a right of passage for people , in the next few years you can expect:

a bum GF who is no good for him
more bum GFs

his first desire to want a bike

working in Mc'ds B king etc
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked about it today and she said someone bit him first, so he bit back.
I sat him down last night and asked to see his bit marks.
He showed me, n asked me to kiss it.
I then told him biting is bad. He replyed 'yes' Thumbs Up
So hopefully that is it.
Unless he gose and cracks this other lad Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:32 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this woman needs to visit your nursery! Wink Laughing
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jesus_Christ
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 25 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 07 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lad sound about the right sort of age to start martial arts!

You can get your own Chuck Norris!

Sod biting the kid back, teach Josh to roundhouse the git!
____________________
If you ate Stephen Hawking, would that count as one of your "five a day" portions?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 08 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling he will be a very tough lad.
He has his soft side almost all the time, but just now and then he will go 'funny'
Infact, I am looking into some martail arts,after school kinda thingy.
What age can they start tho Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.09 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.41 Kb