Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What should I do life vs career

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: What should I do life vs career Reply with quote

What should I do?

Career = stay in mancs v few friends and mates , but fairly good job ,boring as hell , little to look forward to.

Life = leave mancs and go back to another place I lived where I know tons of people ride out 3-4 times a week and have lots of fun though only shite jobs are avalible ie factories council etc

Complications -

My work experience is not fantastic so its not a case of walk out of this into a similar one

My career is a fail safe if the country goes tits up ticket out of here.

My thoughts are stay for another year build up work exp and then leave , its just hit the 4.5 months mark and I'm climbing the walls and entertain myself with fast filtering and chasing the odd woman on bike (even if their bikes are 1000CC beasties).

Stay and hook up with more locals , leave and go back to where I already know loads of people?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Arfdog
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:46 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are you, Itchy?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early 20s ish.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Arfdog
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:56 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno what you do for a job, but why not tell your employer you want to travel the world for 6 months, then come back to work.. If thats cool, leave Mancs knowing you can return to job if it all goes tits up.

Also, sometimes one views places of old, with rosy-colored glassed on. This happens most often when you leave school in town X, go to big city Y to work, get bored, then race back to town X after a couple of years.

Unfortunately, you often then find that all yer mates aren't up for the things they used to be, and they're all married, babysitting, buggered off to town Z themselves, or just got plain boring over the last couple of years...

Either way, keep your options open to come back to your job if need be. At your age you need not feel locked into a job line for life though, and it's important to not let that happen. A year or 3 wasted by abandoning a career you find you hate, is nothing compared to being trapped in it for 40 years..

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate should start coming out more, go round Manchester for few beers and nights out, and start meeting new people both of us. Its not all that bad up here, ive met some pretty decent people since split up with ex.

Although saying that i have contemplated moving down to the South Coast (Weymouth) to start a complete fresh life.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:38 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I don't know what came over me , had a shite day at work and got pwned by everybody on the way home from work when its normally me who does the pwning.

thanks anyhow.

instigator
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I'm sorry I don't know what came over me , had a shite day at work and got pwned by everybody on the way home from work when its normally me who does the pwning.

thanks anyhow.

It's okay.

Don't let it happen again.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:51 - 06 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take life by the scruff of the neck and live it.

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not try finding some more friends in manchester. You keep talking about these girls on the bikes in nearly every post you make at the moment Wink Why not actually stop them and ask them what they do and if they ever go on ride-outs etc. My bet is they do or why else would they be commuting on 1000+cc bikes Idea

JonB
Afraid of Mileage

PostPosted: 23:34 - 10 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwfc4eva86 wrote:
Although saying that i have contemplated moving down to the South Coast (Weymouth) to start a complete fresh life.

Please don't Praying Weymouth is a nice quiet place. Let's keep it that way. Laughing
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:19 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
bwfc4eva86 wrote:

Please don't Praying Weymouth is a nice quiet place. Let's keep it that way. Laughing

Ay cheeky bastard Laughing Uncle owns a Gguest house down there. I love the place, been going since i was like 3 years old.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 03:44 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went there quite a lot with the Navy, a good run ashore and the local girls are always up for it Very Happy

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 04:37 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:
Why not try finding some more friends in manchester. You keep talking about these girls on the bikes in nearly every post you make at the moment Wink Why not actually stop them and ask them what they do and if they ever go on ride-outs etc. My bet is they do or why else would they be commuting on 1000+cc bikes Idea

in another thread, about 8 out of 10 bcf females said that if a bloke followed them tp chat to them when they stopped, they wd be scared

how wd you suggest he stops them ?

i guess he could try talking to them at a traffic light, but its gonna be tricky

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:14 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:

I am , I think I'm gonna can one of my other 2 jobs be some tight £££ months , and I'm going to go riding out with a few other groups , some others haven't worked out I can tell.

Seems kinda off in Mancs everywhere else I've been one to two weeks I hook up with a bunch of new folks, dunno whats wrong with me.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:17 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:

in another thread, about 8 out of 10 bcf females said that if a bloke followed them tp chat to them when they stopped, they wd be scared

i guess he could try talking to them at a traffic light, but its gonna be tricky

you follow 10 women bikers then 2 will talk to you 8 will not , I'm currently up to 4 at the moment none of them have stopped.

mrchips
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest puncturing thier back tyre at traffic lights so they have no alternative than to stop. After this, you can be thier knight in shining armour by getting them recovery set up. Bound to work.

extreme3d
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
extreme3d wrote:

The odd wave and nod would not go amiss. Perhaps stick a note to their bikes in their work car park. Keep it simple and joking, like this:

"Hi, I'm the biker who races you after work each day on the NTV . Can't catch up, you girls are just to damn fast, so heres a note admitting defeat! seriously though, do you ever go on organised ride outs? I'm keen to find other bikers and friends in my area as at the moment I just don't really know any.

My mobile is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Best Regards
Itchy"

Anyway, something on those lines, just don't try to hit onto them, they won't like that - you just want to meet them after all and make friends.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

extreme3d wrote:

Anyway, something on those lines, just don't try to hit onto them, they won't like that - you just want to meet them after all and make friends.

Much as that is a nice idea (she works at the big tall CIS in Mancs) I think the season is more
or less over , in that normally I see lots and lots of bikes but this morning only saw one yellow
hornet man , and GPZman both I always see,

In the afternoon going home only saw 125 vandero man who always follows me, and gilera DNA
50 man who I always use to judge my time out the city

Where I parked up all there were , were NTVs and old hacks, a sign the season is over.

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 11 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy,

125 Varedo man didnt happend to have a kinda rd jacket on and a back L plate? Because was filtering behind one today on Bury Road near Besses and he was going Painfully slow, he got overtook with a 60 mph filter Laughing

Fran
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 01:12 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi theres plenty of folk around manchester its just that we arnt getting together, but thats not hard to sort out.............stop feckin whinging sure you aint a typical manc already Wink Wink

Marcg868
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:14 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a moaning manc, i never moan Very Happy

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if its any help, friends can be made all over the place...I have forgotten how many times Ive moved over the years. And when I get nostalgic, I hop on the bike or into the car and go off and visit these pockets of friends all over the place.

Jobs come and go too. If you've got itchy feet, the best time to act on it is when you're young, free, no mortgage ,no kids...and Manchester wont go away...life will still potter along....

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

Jobs come and go too. If you've got itchy feet, the best time to act on it is when you're young, free, no mortgage ,no kids...and Manchester wont go away...life will still potter along....

why do you think I'm called itchy , my hand has been forced anyway , company is going to fold / outsource mid 2007, so its a chance to move on

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vandero 125 man wears a caberg katana with tiger ears on it with a rear L plate and turns off into Salford just past Hein gericke.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1