|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Runaway987 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Runaway987 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 14 Sep 2006 Post subject: Annoying insurance people... |
 |
|
After having whittled my way down from £2000 premium to a £315 with KGB/LLoyds insurance, I thought I would call back MCE [whom I was with before] and the girl said they could do £309.
Full reference number and everything "Valid for 30 days etc"...
So I ring back KGB and see if they can beat my 3rd party only honda CBR600F 1995.
I get some prick telling me my IN10 [Not insured] has a £250 fine on it, I tell him it hasnt and that I got fined nothing as there were mitigating circumstances, please check with DVLA.
I also say the bike is going in a garage now instead of on the driveway. New premium is £385. Twats.
So I ring DVLA to make sure I know what I am on about, 6 points, no fine £50 costs. Now if I had taken that quote which they then had to pay out on can I do the "insurance" thing and say actually no im not having my premiums raised because you entered in incorrect details and assumptions when I plainly told you you were wrong. I doubt it.
Never mind I'll just take the £309 quote from MCE.
Ring ring....
"I need that quote please"
Hold. Hold. Hold. £309?! There seems to be a mistake sir please wait a moment Hold. Hold. Hold.
"Yes I am very sorry I cant find that quote..." Are these people for real?! I give him full reference number and the contact i spoke to. Hold. "Ah yes we have it now sir, but there seems to be a problem" Hold. Hold. "Yes the girl you spoke to used the wrong panel, they dont touch IN10 policies im afraid, your new quote will be...
At this point I went a bit berserk.
""I DONT FUCKING CARE IF IT WAS KING KONG I SPOKE TO - IT WAS A REPRESENTATION OF YOUR COMPANY, I WAS GURRANTEED THE PRICE FOR 30 DAYS, I HAVE NCB, THE BIKE IS A CLAPPED OUT 11 YEAR OLD HONDA AND YOUR HAGGLING WITH ME OVER YOUR MISTAKE CONCERNING, WHEN I WENT WITH YOUR COMPANY PREVIOUSLY FOR MY POLICY! SORT IT OUT NOW"
Hold...
"Hi im Sarah senior manager for customer-"
"[I explain the bs thats going on]"
"That wont be a problem sir, would you like the policy today?"
"Yes".
Jesus there will be a special place in hell for insurance brokers... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoulRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoulRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:43 - 14 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Insurance companies are never going to make things easy, they will use any chance they get to take as much of your money as possible and pay out as little as possible. ____________________ My Bike Pics |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Yoshi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Yoshi Traffic Copper

Joined: 05 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:15 - 15 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it wasn't for insurance, I'd be driving a Supra atm.  ____________________ Present: GS650 Katana - Getting ready for summer touring!
Past: TS50, RS50, ZXR400, LT80, TS250 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:01 - 15 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
how old are you to be getting such high rates for 3rd pft,
i thought i was getting it rough having to pay £97 because im on an international licence, looks like im not doing to badly.
good that you got it for the original price quoted,  ____________________ the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:23 - 15 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Haaa! You wait till you have to start dealing with them during a claim...
e.g. -
Them: "When you make your claim sir you need to send your certificate of insurance. "
Me: "It got stolen"
Them: "We can't process the claim without one"
Me: "You have it on file that I'm a customer, I'm talking to you"
Them: "Yes but we need one to process the claim"
Me: "Can't you just print it off when I sand in all the other stuff"
Them: "No, you'll have to apply to get a duplicate"
Me: "I'd like a duplicate Certificate of Insurance please"
Them: "Sorry sir I can't help you, ring this number"
Me: exasperated & well pissed off by now"Pathetic"
Them: "Sorry?"
Me: "Goodbye"
 ____________________ Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| no_shad |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 no_shad Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:16 - 16 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd be suspicious of giving anyone named the KGB any money at all.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Runaway987 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Runaway987 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 28 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 16 Sep 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Im 21.
With maybe 6 points : /
tip. Dont ever borrow a friends scooter to go 1/3 home at 4am after working 14 hours straight because you will get pulled over on suspicion of having nicked it and end in the shit.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|