Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

can they hold my wages?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: can they hold my wages? Reply with quote

Started new job about a week now i am suppose to get paid something tomorrow but i got a call from the office today saying that someone was diddling the time sheets and there where alot of discrepancies. I was shocked as i never even seen a time sheet as one my other collegues takes care of that for my area.

She said some where being overpaid and some underpaid and no one is getting paid in my area until this is sorted!

I have a feeling its the two ladies that i met the other night when i visited a house that where not meant to be there and sent me away, i lost money cause they sent me away and they where not meant to be working. They where not happy i was there, they have not turned up at houses and phone calls have been made and we have been called out. The boss mentioned 3 on at one point thats what happened when they sent me away and i know they complained. But why since they should not have been there?

Can they hold wages? i mean people have things to pay non pay day and its nothing to do with me as i just started.

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 18:50 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, their reason is genuine.

IronMaiden
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bummer ! Thumbs Down You should request to receive a copy of your time sheet in future and keep it on file. Surely you would have the right to a least check it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

for all i know i could be underpaid as i dont do the time sheets. The woman who does do them says she willleave if they dont pay. Unfortunatly i am dragged into this but am not in trouble as i have not even looked at a time sheet. I will note my hours in future to make sure.

someon said to me they can hold them for 2 days max? is that right?

bit unfair that i get my wages held because someone else messed up as i am only there a week. Not saying anything asi dont want to start trouble want to keep my job and head down and get on with it.

BigChris
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:00 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

they can withhold wages, but with good reason (as it seems they have).

However, they (and you) should also be aware that allowances should be made to ensure that something gets to you, even if it is a temporary loan (i.e. give you £50 now, and it'll be deducted from your wages when its sorted).

Failure to do so can make them liable for any charges that you may incurr for failure to make payments to little things such as mortgage Wink

Flex a bit of muscle and they will cave. You might want to consider some citizens advice too on the matter, as they havent indicated how long it will take to get the issue resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vixen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its best to phone Acas for advise. Thumbs Up

https://www.acas.org.uk/

BigChris
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:59 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call the A-team actually :p

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a meeting being held tomorrow and they are giving out checks after they calculate the hours again. I am called to it also and they want to move me to another district miles away leaving the girls i work with with no days off and there not happy about that, nor am i as they dont pay enough for me to be driving miles and miles each day. I want the area i am in now Crying or Very sad looks likei will have to attend this other interview just incase it goes pete tong. I also have another job that hasnt started that i said i would take if it did go pear shape but i like this job and area. Aw well easy come easy go, see what happens tomorrow.

Jebus
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:33 - 14 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get it sorted out, bummer having no money

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 03:14 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place I worked at that witheld my wages only did so because it had gone bust.

I would not work for a company that decided it would only pay me when it felt like it.

I dont care if someone else may be diddling the company, I would still need to be paid, they can work out any diddling after I have been paid.

They cant have it all their own way.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:05 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nerves are wreaked because i think i am being moved to another area this morning and its not right. I cant stick the job if it means travelling up and down duel carriageways about 10 times a day on a motorcycle in the winter, least if the weather is bad here i can get a lift round with dad. My parents dont even want me travelling up and down especially in the dark and bad weather as they worry.
The traffic is also shit in thre city and stresses me out and i would be in it all day.

So this meeting is at lunch time and i know there will be rows between the staff that have been there longer. I am not one for keeping my mouth shut at all but having second thoughts about working for this compant as they with hold wages and wont let anyone have a day off by looks of it. Rolling Eyes

i want things the way they are left where i cover 4 days a week for the two girls that want days off. I dont think thats unfair as i thought people where entitled to their days off.

Trixie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:36 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had jobs where things have gone pear shaped after a short period of time. Horrible, isn't it?

Get looking elsewhere. You really don't need this sort of crap. Thumbs Up

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:26 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG they cancalled the meeting and no one is getting paid! my work collegue is cracking up as she has rent to pay, it is a friday no one will have money until this is sorted. i dont think i was meant to get paid as i only started and the payis monthly but i would love to have been as i would call them and spit nails down the phone. How can they not just pay you? people got rent and DD. I am not sure really now if i wanna work for these people.

BigChris
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:55 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok firstly, calm down, get a grip and get some legal aid asap!

Also, get into your bank pronto and explain the situation. See if they will give you a temporary overdraft extension.

Get your legal aid advisor to write a letter to the company you work for explaining that if they do not sort their shit out pronto, that they WILL be liable for any charges and or missed payments incurred from their withholding of wages. Explain that you will do this through a small claims court.

Finally, if they're refusing to pay, dont fucken work. Go to the office and sit there and bitch and moan until the little crackheads pay up.

Dragonfly
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They paid the rest of them a sub when i contacted citizins advice but i found out at 4.45and i didnt would not of made it in time for me. I would not have gotten much but it would have helped. I hope ths dosnt happen again as i have myown place next month again to pay for and i dont need that shit. I am joining the union again just in case.

BigChris
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:27 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 words = no win no fee! Very Happy

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 22:49 - 15 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigChris wrote:
4 words = no win no fee! Very Happy

4 words = scum of the earth.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 270 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1