Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Here's one I made earlier...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 16:38 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Here's one I made earlier... Reply with quote

Due to my bike being 'The WORM' and it's diet consisting of my registration plates, (3 so far), I decided I'm no longer going to put up with it's expensive dining habits.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0016_671.jpg

I took to making a new numberplate and writing a guide, to do this you will need:

* A pair of scissors (Always have an adult present whilst using these, and don't run with them.)
* A ringbinder folder (If Mummy or Daddy is the office type, they will probably have one you can borrow)
* A yellow separator (Look inside the folder)
* A marker pen (Be careful not to miss and draw on the walls)
* Some sticky tape.
* A biro
* A sandwich bag (Make sure it is empty before use)
* Neil Buchanan's favourite, PVA glue.

Now to do this, you will need to cut a plate sized rectangle from the ringbinder folder, be careful with the scissors as they are pointy and sharp. Then, take your yellow separator and cut the same size shape out in that, and mount it onto the binder using PVA glue. Use the scissors to make a set of holes in the plate template at the desired widths.

Then, use a biro to mark out the outlines of your letters and numbers, and use the marker pen to fill them in. Make sure to colour inside the edges, and don't use the marker pen for too long or the fumes will cause you to get high, and the last thing you want is to be tripping with scissors nearby. Trust me.

Finally, take your sandwich bag and put the plate inside it, folding down the edges to make it flush with the plate, and use the tape to tape it down on the back, as shown in the picture.

Congratulations! You now have a fully functional numberplate, which is also waterproof too!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0014_109.jpg
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/dscf0015_116.jpg

Revel in your latest invention, as the police pull you over and do you for it. Tell them that you made it yourself and you should be applauded, not arrested. Question their decision to sanction you under the mental health act, and prove to them that you are a sane and safe member of society by showing them your 'List of people I wanna kill someday and stuff.'

Have a nice day Smile

DISCLAIMER: If you do happen to follow my guide and get pulled/sanctioned I will in no way be held responsible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was me thinking i was missing simething by not coming here that often. lol glad to see the old place is still the same. Oh and btw, is that plate for the rear or the front? Could you please show us how to make the opposite one? ty

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 16:48 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That plate is for the rear of the motorcycle, I think you have confused bikes with cars, bikes don't have plates on the front usually, it's an easy mistake to make.

If you wanted your reg on the front, I think you could take the marker pen and write it on the mudguard. Thumbs Up

Hope this helps. Karma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:06 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:

If you wanted your reg on the front, I think you could take the marker pen and write it on the mudguard.

This is causing me some problems im afraid, my mudguard is black, and the only marker pen i have is also black, perhaps i might write it on my windscreen, or even my visor. I may spray my visor yellow to give the lettering more definition.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 17:09 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
phantomtek wrote:

If you wanted your reg on the front, I think you could take the marker pen and write it on the mudguard.

This is causing me some problems im afraid, my mudguard is black, and the only marker pen i have is also black, perhaps i might write it on my windscreen, or even my visor. I may spray my visor yellow to give the lettering more definition.

If you do make sure the paint is VHT as any other type of paint degrades the lining they put on the visor to protect it from the blast of the afterburners on '98 R1s.

You could use tippex on the mudguard, but I'm not sure you want to because it gives a 50bhp increase on some bikes, I think the F-Sport is included unfortunately.

Thumbs Up

-Savage-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:

to protect it from the blast of the afterburners on '98 R1s.
= nice Laughing

phantomtek wrote:

You could use tippex on the mudguard, but I'm not sure you want to because it gives a 50bhp increase on some bikes, I think the F-Sport is included unfortunately.

Thumbs Up

I have an after market power band installed, and red rimtape too, will this compensate for the tip-x-effect? I was actually thinking of tip-x, but seeing as it is a controlled substance in this country and is in short supply (every 3rd kerbstone is tip-x'ed white) i believe tip-x is not the way to go. Smile its good to be back.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 17:49 - 16 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

SavageKymco wrote:
I have an after market power band installed, and red rimtape too, will this compensate for the tip-x-effect? I was actually thinking of tip-x, but seeing as it is a controlled substance in this country and is in short supply (every 3rd kerbstone is tip-x'ed white) i believe tip-x is not the way to go. Smile its good to be back.

That's an extremely good point.

Though all the MotoGP teams use tippex, powerbands and rimtape, they also use racing circlips and NOS filled tax disc holders.

So I believe you will be ok, though I hope you can correctly operate a paddock stand and also I hope you are aware that if you twist the throttle the bike will respond or you will be on your backside in no time.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 17:53 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

savageKymco sig about how much he edited wrote:
Last edited by SavageKymco on 18:04 - 01 Jan 2006; edited 145662 times in total

That must have taken a while, and done back in January!!

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actualy figured out why its destroying numberplates? Mine was doing the same thing, turned out to be my undertray moving about(didnt realise at timethought it was the angle and fubar shock at the time) in the end i made a bracket and moved the angle of the plate, And then one journey the undertray just snapped and was dragging took out my hugger too.

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 20:42 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babykat250 wrote:
Have you actualy figured out why its destroying numberplates? Mine was doing the same thing, turned out to be my undertray moving about(didnt realise at timethought it was the angle and fubar shock at the time) in the end i made a bracket and moved the angle of the plate, And then one journey the undertray just snapped and was dragging took out my hugger too.

It ate the first plate when the previous owner had it, he went over a pothole and snapped the plate and absolutely wanged out the rear shock. Honestly it was like a bouncy castle.

The second plate was a really small one that I snapped going over a HUGE pothole 250 miles from home at a service station in the Midlands. I had to cargo net a plate to my back and ride home like that.

The third plate was after I changed the shocker, the already snapped undertray bounced when I went over a speedbump, snapping the plate itself which you can see above.

I have since taped up the undertray until I can find a new one, and I bought a new plate today from Halfords for the very reasonable price of £9.92.

Smile

kat250
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

How badly is your undertray damaged for a cheap option what i took mine off, just got some thin ish steel and pop rivet if to bothpieces. I guarentee without even seeing it that ist broken just abit back from the indicators Question Am i right close Mr. Green

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek

PostPosted: 21:56 - 17 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

babykat250 wrote:
How badly is your undertray damaged for a cheap option what i took mine off, just got some thin ish steel and pop rivet if to bothpieces. I guarentee without even seeing it that ist broken just abit back from the indicators Question Am i right close Mr. Green

You are really close, infact, dead on.

I was going to replace it with sheet metal and a tail tidy, but I would like a new undertray. May just Araldite this one, or throw it off a cliff.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1