Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Water trapped in my ear

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

jay_666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Water trapped in my ear Reply with quote

Embarassed

Ive got water trapped in my ear.

I cant hear propperly out of my left ear and have to pull my ear to hear properly.

when i move my mouth around i can hear it squelching about.

what can i do to get rid of it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 14:20 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soldering iron, and boil it away.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:53 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilt your head over on the side you have the water, so it's on your shoulder.
Now swing the opposite arm in a windmill fashion trying to keep it straight. Try it in a forward or backward motion, but keep going in 1 direction for a short period.

mr jamez
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:00 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you being serious or just trying to make him look like a nutjob? Laughing

T1z3R
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 03 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is trapped behind wax there youll need some eucalyptus oil to break it down. couple of drops and a wee bit of cotton wool to keep it in and it'll eventually break down enough.

if not its a syringing for you Very Happy i quite enjoy it myself Thumbs Up

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:47 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tap on the head should sort it.

Laughing

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:58 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Re: Water trapped in my ear Reply with quote

jay_666 wrote:
Embarassed
Ive got water trapped in my ear.
I cant hear propperly out of my left ear and have to pull my ear to hear properly.
when i move my mouth around i can hear it squelching about.
what can i do to get rid of it?

I had exactly the same problem after a swimming session with my son the other week. I'd gone almost completely deaf, cos both ears were blocked. Turns out the water wasn't draining because of wax in my ears.

I got a product called Audiclean from my local Boots store - A bottle of sterilised mineral/seawater with a funnel shaped nozzle fitted on the top.

This stuff completely cleared my ears with 2 or 3 applications, and I'd highly recommend it. Thumbs Up Wink
HTH

If that stuff doesn't shift it, I believe B&Q sell some pretty powerful Karscher pressure washers Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numpty
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:30 - 19 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a problem same as this while on my hollyberries in crete. Spent too much time underwater and as a consequence my ear got blocked. Tried everything to get rid of it but nothing worked, then 4 days later it cleared itself in a nice sticky brown mess. So sounds like you've got soethin to look forward to there if you dont get it sorted lol

Handsome
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 19 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're supposed to empty the shell before you listen to the ocean..... Thumbs Up

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 00:19 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

an appropriately named numpty wrote:
So sounds like you've got soethin to look forward to there if you dont get it sorted lol

I would hope, that after two weeks, he has sorted it. I'm thinking we would have heard if he hadn't.

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mazz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get water in your ear if you point the ear towards the floor and stamp the opposite foot it comes out Smile

SoulRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local diving shop sells some drops you put in your ear to release trapped water works really well. If you ask your local scuba diving shop im sure they will be able to help.

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 16:36 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like wax as stated by everyone else. The Audiclean stuff isn;t that great IMO for help soften and remove large chunks of wax (if you've never had your ears syringed you'll be shocked as to how much shit can come out of your lug hole).

The best thing to use is warm olive oil into the ear canal. let it settle in there for about a minute or two then tilt your head to drain it. Then go to the nurse and get your ears syringed. The audiclear would be good to stop wax reoccurring IMO.

Ade
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:34 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got this many many times being a SCUBA diver.
Try something called "Swimmers ear" - can be brought from almost any diving shop.
It will clear itself out, just give it a few days. Don’t get jabbing anything down your ear as this will only make it worse. Go in the shower / bath, fill your ears up (or one at a time if you wish) and equalise. You probably won’t be able to do it first time, but keep trying. If you cant equalise, don’t force it. If you have got a cold (thus, the reason why you have liquid in your ear), don’t try the above. Just leave it and take your usual medication.
If you need tips on equalising, just ask – but everyone has their own way, and no two people are the same.

Doctors will very rarely syringe ears out now due to potential damage that can be caused. But, if it lasts longer than a week, seek professional advice. I say a week simply because if you go before then, they will only tell you to come back once a week has elapsed.

Ade

colezxr
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:58 - 20 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried wd40. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1