Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

welsh travellers!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 20:25 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: welsh travellers!!! Reply with quote

not sure if this has been posted, i never go to wales. but what an arsehole this guy is if it goes ahead...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.articles.articleCategory.article&resourceId=5350795&articleCategory=NEWS_OTHER-NEWS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vroom vroom noises made by the bikes probably scares the sheep away.

Theres always Madam Palm and her 5 lovely daughters if you aint getting no wooly action Rolling Eyes

Sadie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letter sent by the BMF today:

Quote:
Kelvin Dent
Clerk and Monitoring Officer,
North Wales Police Authority,
Glan-y-Don,
Colwyn Bay.
LL29 8A

Dear Sir,

Re: Use of Web Logs ‘blogs’ by Senior Officers of North Wales Police

It has been brought to my attention that the Deputy Chief Constable of the North Wales Police, Mr Clive Wolfendale’s, web log for the weekend of August 5th contained a number of remarks about the use of motorcycles in National Parks.

Deputy Chief Constable Wolfendale's comments are as follows:-

’The only detriment to this earthly paradise [the Lake District] was the inescapable whine of motorcycles on the A592. Revving in frustration at the snaking traffic and inconvenient speed limits, the machines seemed wholly incompatible with the otherwise pristine scene. I reflected on the statutory duty of Park Authorities to conserve and enhance natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage” and was reminded that Snowdonia suffers the same high pitched affliction. Most riders are responsible and courteous. North Wales Police has worked hard with partner organisations to cut the amount of motorcycle carnage on our routes. This does not begin to address, however, the environmental imposition. Only on the highest peaks (I just about managed it on a misty Helvellyn) is it possible to escape the grand prix ambience. In Germany, some states have banned the use of motorcycles at the weekend in certain areas. Is it now time to banish motorcycles completely from our National Parks?’

Mr Wolfendale's comments give the British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF) cause for concern:

1) Is it appropriate that North Wales Police budget is used to fund the publication of Senior Officers' personal opinions via a web log on the North Wales Police website?

2) The Police Code of Conduct states that ‘Police officers have a particular responsibility to act with fairness and impartiality in all their dealings with the public and their colleagues.’ It appears to the BMF that DCC Wolfendale is ignoring this guideline; his comments on motorcycles in National Parks appear to be far from impartial. Would you agree?

3) I thoroughly agree with DCC Wolfendale's comment that ‘most riders are responsible and courteous’ but am concerned that he saw fit to conclude by saying ‘Is it now time to banish motorcycles completely from our National Parks?'. DCC Wolfendale ignores the fact that the noise nuisance is caused primarily by machines fitted with non-standard exhaust systems, not legal for road use. It is not reasonable to ban the majority of responsible and courteous riders from National Parks on account of the few who are not. A comment that he regretted not having sufficient resources to enforce the existing law well enough to reduce the nuisance would surely have been more appropriate and welcomed by the BMF.

We await your response with interest.

Following responses from the above the BMF will consider its position on making a formal complaint regarding DCC Clive Wolfendale’s comments to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 10 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one sadie Thumbs Up

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:37 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a biker i quite enjoy the sound of passing bikes, but when in bed trying to sleep, i have single glazing and live near a busy road.
Some vehicles are so loud (especially bad boys with massive exhausts) i am woken up by them.

But what really fucks me off is the emergency vehicles, the sirens blaring with almost no reason for them being on sometimes as theres no traffic. Can we do something about them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Essex_Mike
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:52 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh, scrap emergency services Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Valentino Mossy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 11 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great one by us welsh again ! Confused
Making this twat (Richard Brunstrom) more famous ... https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5123112.stm

Flip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to punch him. Laughing

Knob head.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you've all been to his blog

https://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp/public/en/blogs/viewblog.asp?UID=2&CID=25

and posted your comments - which will apparantly "be received by the author, but will not appear on this blog."

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:11 - 12 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you really want your views to be seen, have a look at this (taken from another bike resource):

Quote:
Interesting web site...

"What is Hate Crime?
Hate Crime is any crime or _behaviour_ where the perpatrator's _prejudice_ against any identifiable group of people is a factor in who is victimised."

https://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwp/public/en/contact/raceHate.asp

"This form is designed to help the Police and other agencies respond to crimes or incidents which are perceived to be motivated by hate or _prejudice_, and any information provided by you will be treated in strict confidence. The information you provide will be placed on computer, and protected by provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. By tackling this type of crime together, we hope to make North Wales a safer place to live"

(My emphasis, their mis-spelling.)

Get reporting people, this type of hate crime needs to be stamped on hard.

Definitely hate crime going on there I reckon...

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it pisses them off Thumbs Up Cool

Last edited by ram_doom on 11:44 - 13 Aug 2006; edited 1 time in total

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The form allows anonymous reporting. Thumbs Up

krebsy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was up in the Lake District last week and saw plenty of bikes. Was it noisy? Was it hell!

K.

1280 x 1024.

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

krebsy wrote:
I was up in the Lake District last week and saw plenty of bikes. Was it noisy? Was it hell!

K.

Shop a copper. You know it makes sense. Wink

amnesia
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:56 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
The form allows anonymous reporting. Thumbs Up

I posted a response, but I made sure I left my details (because I will always take more notice of something if the poster has the faith in their opinion to put their name to it). I left what I felt to be a well balanced reply so hopefully they might even read it!

However, I suspect that after reading the first few responses they won't bother with the rest. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect they won't either, but it's still hate crime according to their criteria - irrespective of the victims wearing a turban or a crash helmet.

Would they ignore the reports if Wolfendale had called for non-caucasians or muslims to be banned from national parks?

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 13 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
I suspect they won't either, but it's still hate crime according to their criteria - irrespective of the victims wearing a turban or a crash helmet.

Would they ignore the reports if Wolfendale had called for non-caucasians or muslims to be banned from national parks?

Havent got any karma to give you, but friggin spot on Bazza Thumbs Up wish I'd had the mind to mention that on the form I submitted

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4790131.stm

Police chief in motorbike ban row

Clive Wolfendale was accused of breaching the police code of conduct

The deputy chief constable of North Wales Police has been criticised for raising the possibility of banning motorbikes from national parks.....

Very Happy

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:34 - 14 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banning the bikes will only affect the honest people. The idiots will carry on riding as normally, it'll just be even more illegal than before.

If police were to use the powers they have now, I'm sure they could already stop the major problems. It's already illegal to ride like the idiots do, with no consideration for anyone.

I'd love to get into off-road biking, and I'm still on the look out for a second bike but it seems like the wrong time to buy an offroad bike.

I guess most of the noise problems are from 2t bikes or bikes with loud exhausts, which is a problem on the roads aswell.

It's annoying to see the way they word all the arguments, and why should one person out walking have priority over someone out on a bike? This country is too small to have huge areas of pure nature, and after seeing the damage walkers and horse riders do, they've got no room to complain.

Rick.

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 15 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now updated:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4790131.stm

Bikers meet over 'park ban' call

Bikers in north Wales will meet on Tuesday to discuss their reaction to a senior policeman's suggestion to ban motorcycles from national parks.
The private meeting will be held in Denbigh at 1930 BST on Tuesday.

ram_doom
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 15 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be sacked in 12 months Thumbs Up

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 29 Aug 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply:

Quote:
Thank you for your email

The police service actively encourages senior police officers to initiate and develop public debate on points of interest. It is a matter of public record that traffic volumes and traffic noise in our National parks are controversial subjects. North Wales Police will continue to be in the forefront of the development of public policy on issues like this. This is exactly the area in which blogs excel, by enabling the public to understand more about the way in which senior police officers think, and to engage directly in a totally new way in debate with them. We will continue to develop blogging as a police policy.

Richard Brunstrom
Prif Gwnstabl / Chief Constable
Heddlu Gogledd Cymru / North Wales Police

So, they like to engage in debate. Well - that email is more of a "F*ck off, this is what we're doing". There's no debate there.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 19:51 - 04 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email back and point that out. If nothing else it will annoy someone, and if they ignore you, you can go and slag them off to the local media.

One of the most unpleasant facets of government at the moment, especially at a local level, is that they think that TELLING you what they are going to do is a debate.

Perhaps even more annoying is when they ask for opinions, make a big deal about the fact they've done it (you'd think these people had actually been elected with a mandate from us or something?!) and then totally ignoring them and doing what they were going to do in the first place!

syl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 05 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
Email back and point that out. If nothing else it will annoy someone

I did, for precisely that reason. Smile

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid north wales its a police state.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1