Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Constantly hot, bothered and sweating - dont know why??

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:15 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Constantly hot, bothered and sweating - dont know why?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

This is gonna seem like an odd question but ive found over the past 2 days im constsantly sweating and uncomfortable - no matter the temperature. Thing is I dont feel ill, just very uncomfortable.

Does anyone know what might cause this? Its not particularly hot and ive not ramped up exercise or anyhting like that, just a boring office job.

Its becomeing a problem as its obviously annoying the poeple i work with and the public who i interect with as well - to the extent i had to leave work early today as i couldnt stay in the office anymore - clothes were like a wet rag Surprised

help Confused

Loz

(19yo male, could loose some weight but thats not new so shouldnt be the cause)

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 21:28 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to get some anti perspirant that my doctor told me to get I'll get the name for you.

You use it before you go to bed and just shower as normal the next day. Then that night use it again and again shower as normal the next day.

You then don't use it again for a week and repeat the process the following week.

I found that basically just using it on the Sunday night was enough to last me the week and keep me dry all week.

However if you want to know why your sweating, thats a different question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:33 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers hex, the name would be nice Smile

the final sentence in your answer - do you mean theres loads of different reasons why it could be? Or is it just a long explaination? Razz

Loz

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:51 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put a few quid that it is psychological , in that you sweat and feel self concious , and thus sweat some more due to this self concious feeling which spirals out of control.I used to sweat when stressed , or just use lots of anti perspirant (note sweat does come out in other places though!)

otherwise you could just be natural courier material on one point (the others being able to ride like a courier, being imortal and not minding having more titanium/steel pins rods inserted into your limbs and become a walking talking T-800),

ie feel warm all the time and thus are suited to winter riding all day long in the cold winter months where hardarsed couriers clean up and softies which always crop up around summer time say

"I wanna be a courier"

And Sickpup gives them a severe talking to and adds 10 more items to my list of why not to be a courier.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 21:54 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anhydrol Forte

Go to the pharmacy and ask for it. I get mine from Tesco.

As for the reason your sweating, it could be anything from general unfitness to the fact its just the way your body works. Really couldn't say mate and I think your doctor would be hard pushed to as well.

Just use it on the nights as Ive said and then shower on the morning as normal and use normal deodarant etc for the day.

When my doctor told me about it it was a god send especially when I had to wear a shirt the next day and knew I was going to be in an office without air con etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:14 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers again Hex, ill give that a go and see what happens.

Its not a behind the counter thign is it? I can go and grab it form a 24hr tesco now (pharmacy desk closed) yeah?

Ive gotta say Itchy that i really dont get cold, most of the winter im walking around in a tshirt - i get some poeple telling me to stop trying to show off but im just too hot if i wear a coat and sweatshirt Razz

Loz

craigie b
Citizen Smith

PostPosted: 22:26 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past two days have been very muggy. I find drinking lots of water helps regulate my body temperature so I don't sweat nearly as much, but instead I piss for britian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear a cotton / poly tunic at work and its constantly 'damp' from sweat, I never used to seat this much. I only have to put a T shirt on and theres wet patches under the arms within minutes. I find it really embarressing as after a while my white uniform underarms become stained slightly yellow from deoderants and being constantly wet / dry / wet / dry making it look even worse.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex wrote:
Anhydrol Forte

Thumbs Up

Its cheap enough according to a website just now, can you use any antiperspirant after its washed off?

firg
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:56 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
can you use any antiperspirant after its washed off?

from what ive read it appears so.

Since for me its just started in the past 2 days i could be coming down with a bug - ill wait and see what its like tomrrow morning.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:05 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Thumbs Up

Its just been this year I think, not sure why never used to sweat this bad Thinking

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:06 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigie b wrote:
The past two days have been very muggy.

What he said. It's been unseasonally warm and humid for the last few days. I'm still working outside in a t-shirt and it's September. I've been sweating like a pig when doing any strenuous work and my clothes aren't drying out again afterwards, just going cold and clammy.

Simple weather. It is warm so you're sweating, it is humid so the sweat isn't evaporating.

Hex
Party Boy

PostPosted: 23:09 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a behind te counter thing, you have to ask at the pharmacy desk for it im afraid. Don't need a prescription for it tho.

You use normal deodorant during the day as normal, this stuff is put on for a couple nights in the week before you go to sleep.

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police

PostPosted: 23:21 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I've been sweating like a pig

S'funny I thought about this expression today. Wonder why we say it, when pigs don't have sweat glands?

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

firefox
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been " sweating like a pig " recently also, but thats due to the viruses ect going round, i got tonsolitus what is causing me to be drowsey ect, fell to sleep 10 times in college Embarassed

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to fall asleep at college but that was due to me being bored as fook Laughing

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

'DriClor' and 'Triple dry' are a couple of seriously heavy duty ones which are in Tescos. Same as above, you only need to use them once or twice a week. About £7 a pop though...

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 12 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a right heshe for aking this, but would shaving armpits help?

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poof.

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:03 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:18 - 13 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
Are you fat?

Could do with losing a few Ilbs to be more rip in the buff.

5'9" and a little under 12 stone

32" waist with a benched out 42" pecs.

msgander
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:45 - 21 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

get your thyroid checked out, simple blood test, go see your doctor too, could be anything but doubt it is serious, sounds more like anxiety.....

annndy
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 23 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick wrote:
get your thyroid checked out, simple blood test, go see your doctor too, could be anything but doubt it is serious, sounds more like anxiety.....

Agreed Thumbs Up Not to try and worry you but its always worth mentioning to your doctor as it could be something like diabeties. If it is something like that then the sooner you get it diagnosed the better and if it is nothing then it will put your mind at ease.

Chances are its nothing but no harm in playing it safe Karma

Visitor Q
$25 whore

PostPosted: 18:19 - 24 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in a club last night with a 20 minute bar queue, full of freshers.

God the sweat. Everyone was bad, but i was a new kind of hell. I actually went down stairs to the bog, stripped off and rinsed everything after wards.

Then went back upstairs to pull, started chatting up a bird (which im now meeting tomoro) was gonna pull her then realised i was sweating like a cunt... again.

GRRR

Down with clubs.
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 24 Sep 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you are going through the menopause to me!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 262 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1