|
|
| Author |
Message |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:41 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: Heehee, I helped another rider! |
 |
|
Coming out of the Haydock show yesterday we went for a wander through the car park to see what people had turned up on and have a chat to them etc.
Stopped to admire a very nice 1200 bandit streetfighter but it soon became obvious that all was not well. The guy was trying to start it but it was totally dead, not even a click from the starter. Himself checked that we had tools in the car then helped the guy to take his seat off. They checked the battery, the leads, he was looking at going to get a plug spanner, pair of them were scratching their heads and poking stuff whilst I'm standing there watching.
Checked the killswitch, that was OK. Then I realised that although he was pulling the clutch in to start it, the sidestand was down.
"Err, it's not in gear is it?" I said.
Guess what.........  ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoulRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoulRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Nov 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:50 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Guilty of doing that myself
 ____________________ My Bike Pics |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:51 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I know a bloke with a brand spanking Triumph D675 that'sdone that too...  ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:51 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
...and the thought "there but for the grace of God and good luck go I"  ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hendo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hendo Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 30 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:23 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yep, done that meself too!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Aikman666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Aikman666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Dec 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:26 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Done that to my stepdad before a ride, sat on his Blade, (set off the alarm), but i must have knocked it into 1st aswell. He was going mad because he thought the alarm had immobilised the bike, after about 10 minutes trying to reset the alarm he realised the nuetral light wasnt on . Silly man. ____________________ Will work for petrol
My Design Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Arachnid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Arachnid Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:32 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got a false neutral at a petrol station last week and been new to riding I didn't have a fucking clue that my bike was still in gear!! Took me ten mins of holding up the traffic to realise what was goin on...because obviously I couldn't move it cause the back wheel locked up! Quite the embarressing when I finallt figured it out  ____________________ I want a faster bike sob sob! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| krebsy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 krebsy World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:45 - 02 Oct 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Damn. there was a show on at Haydock? (I assume the racecourse...) I used to go to school opposite (with Kim Marsh BTW who was in the year below me) and my folks still live round the corner. Must pop up next time (150 miles) and then head for Rivington afterwards..
K. ____________________ What's my New Year's resolution?
1280 x 1024. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|