Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Postage costs to Canada?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Postage costs to Canada? Reply with quote

Got a few things on eBay - including a petrol tank.

Now a bloke has emailed saying he wants it sending to Canada - postage doesnt matter because he cant find one anywhere in the US!

I dont know where to start looking for prices!

Ive told him I'll have to wait til tomorrow til the PO opens again!

Anyone know of any cheap freight companies?

Thanks.
____________________
04 zx10r with mods - 187.4bhp at the wheel! :o
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look online at the PO website if you know the approx weight.

https://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=500185&mediaId=400023
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.senditquick.com
www.interparcel.com
www.royalmail.com
www.dhl.com
www.ups.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

any form of shipping to the US / Canada is expensive for large parcels
a 7kg 20" square package to the US by fedex runs about £100
normal postage is Ok till you hit 2 KG then it goes throught the roof price wise
and even at that its about £40 to ship a 2kg pack to canada
(I ship to the US / Canada quite often)
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

0ddball
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:40 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely it can't be that hard to find a 7r tank in the US Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mary Jane
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:41 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldpink wrote:

(I ship to the US / Canada quite often)


what exactly do you ship?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Jane wrote:
oldpink wrote:

(I ship to the US / Canada quite often)


what exactly do you ship?


I ship mag's which are cheap
but I've shipped stashboxes and pipes to the USA and the cost is high
mostly higher than the value of the piece being shipped
I.e. a stash box that costs €100 costs €120 to fedex
or a €300 elete box costs €170 to fedex and its ony 7kg

Oh these are stash boxes in case your interested
____________________
I have become comfortably numb

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR


Last edited by oldpink on 19:42 - 08 Oct 2006; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I wouldnt have thought it'd have been that difficult neither to find a tank.

Doesnt matter anyway because he didnt win it!

Rolling Eyes Thumbs Up
____________________
04 zx10r with mods - 187.4bhp at the wheel! :o
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 08 Oct 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

yzf750r wrote:
Thanks. I wouldnt have thought it'd have been that difficult neither to find a tank.


I spent ages trying to find a tank for my yzf. I ended up getting one with a big dent in it for £2.50 + £12.50 p+p then getting it repaired.

I'm still looking for a sidepanel. I won one on ebay but the guy managed to break it Crying or Very sad before he posted it. I then bought one (advertised with a couple of light scratches) that turned out to be scratched, clacked and with a bit missing. Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 360 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.18 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 61.99 Kb