|
|
| Author |
Message |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:36 - 18 Jul 2003 Post subject: Derestricted it! |
 |
|
Yes indeed I have took both restrictors out and oh my god does it go faster or what. As soon as I hit about 6,000/7,000 revs it accelerates real quick! Powerbands?
Neway if neone else has a restricted honda NSR I advise you to take them out it is sooooooo much better! The exhaust restrictor is a bit of a b*stard but it comes out in the end.
Thankyou to NSR125.com for instructions.
Cam. ____________________ Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Crazy Manx Man |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Crazy Manx Man The Fly Swatter
Joined: 26 Oct 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:33 - 19 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think it's just that most of the people on here have seen 50 other such threads... and half have done it themselves anyway  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Archon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Archon Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 12 Jul 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| PsychoHippy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 PsychoHippy Jammy Git

Joined: 02 Jul 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 03:04 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iain12345 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iain12345 Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 08 Sep 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lee Trackday Trickster
Joined: 02 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:20 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Congrats one1895! Hope its more fun for ya now Hows the acceleration compared to before?
I've only had my NSR 8 days, and i tried to have a look yesterday for the intake restrictor, problem was (silly me) i only had about 45 mins to spare, so i printed out the guide from nsr125.com and went out and took the tank, airbox etc etc off. Then i undid the brake servo tray bolt and unclipped it, but couldnt seem to move it out of the way far enough to get to where the intake restrictor is. Theres a massive chunk of loom i couldnt really move too much, and didnt want to force it incase anything broke! I'd really like to get mine derestricted, cause mine bottles it big time at 80mph, and i wouldnt mind some better acceleration!
Anyone have any tips for a newbie to get that plate/tray thing moved so i have some more space to work? thanks
Sorry for hi-jacking your thread but didnt want to annoy everyone by starting another 'derestricting nsr' thread! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:35 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
No problem dude.
Accelerations about as same as it was before until the powerbands kick in around 7,000 rpm - and then it really does shift.
As for the derestricting.. I had a problem getting beneath the black plastic tray aswell - but all I did was:
unclip the thick black taped cable which contains all the electric cables,
undo the black clip to the top left (as if you're facing fwd sat on the bike),
unclip the round rubber thing on the right which holds the tray to the frame,
and last of all get some electrical tape and wrap it round the plastic tray so it's moved towards your handle bars, so it's pulled out of the way and you can access the intake.
You still won't have full access to it but with a socket set it should be easy.. that's what I did anyway.
Oh yeah - you might want to make sure you've got a couplea hours (or more) to spare for the exhaust restrictor.. it can be a right shitter to get out.
Cam. ____________________ Hull & Yorkshire Bikers - Sheffield & Yorkshire Bikers - Manchester Bikers - Nottingham Bikers |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR125Guy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR125Guy Guest
|
 Posted: 17:55 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
see... name changed from Noob!!! (newbie!)
I derestricted my bike couple weeks ago and it does make a helluva difference. hit 7k rpm and nail it to 10k in each gear, should hit 60 in 5-6sec and mine goes all way to a ton now, easy!.
And yeah that tray thing is a bitch, i just kept it out the way with my hand and its tight but there is enough room to get the restrictor out. advice: use a ratchet socket with an extension bar to get down to the bolts on the intake rubber, having the right tools is half the battle.
as for the exhuast, dont attempt it til you get down b&q and pick up some high speed metal drill bits!!!
Good luck, you'll have no probs, its piece of piss!!
Enjoy it  |
|
| Back to top |
| |
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Lee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Lee Trackday Trickster
Joined: 02 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:53 - 20 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the tips guys I'm off work for a week starting tuesday so i'm gonna give it another try then! As for the 'zaust restrictor, i'm going to take it down to my dads work where one of the panelbeaters is going to cut the welds with some special torch thing (not a blowtorch, which i would imagine will just put a hole in the exhaust! he says he's done a few before), hopefully saving me £15,000 in drillbits
Thanks again!
Lee |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| True Blue |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 True Blue World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| one1895 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 one1895 I liked BCF so much I made my own copy

Joined: 12 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:22 - 21 Jul 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 23 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|