Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


NAKED REVIEW

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

cat28
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: NAKED REVIEW Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I have been using the search engine on here for threads relating to the naked bikes. Cool

A few days ago I came upon a test from one of the main mags which compared the fazer 600, z750, hornet, suzuki Bandit? and another bike I think. I can't remember who put the attachment up?? Crying or Very sad

I have now lost this thread.

Can it be sent again please or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cat28
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 22 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody??? Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phatstorage
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop mincing around and buy a bloody hornet Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a naked bike, there is only one option.... A Speed Triple! Thumbs Up
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tonyp23
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my mind made up for the last couple of months and was about to buy a Hornet but now I'm thinking a Kawasaki Z750 might be much better value and something I may keep longer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the original naked bike, the Monster. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
If you want a naked bike, there is only one option.... A Speed Triple! Thumbs Up


I just had a look at what my insturance might cost if I got a Speed triple, around £1500!

Hell it would be worth it though!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Zimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
If you want a naked bike, there is only one option.... A Speed Triple! Thumbs Up


For a new rider?? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 23 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:

For a new rider?? Confused

Aren't the older ones (as in older new ones, not the ones that look pretty Smile ) actually similar peak power to a z750?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cat28
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great guys thanks for that am looking at all the above. Rolling Eyes

speed triple would have to be 3rd party i'm afraid but most likely going to look at the z750, hornet or speed 4............but erm that review anyone?????? Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Momeg
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: NAKED REVIEW Reply with quote

cat28 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have been using the search engine on here for threads relating to the naked bikes. Cool

A few days ago I came upon a test from one of the main mags which compared the fazer 600, z750, hornet, suzuki Bandit? and another bike I think. I can't remember who put the attachment up?? Crying or Very sad

I have now lost this thread.

Can it be sent again please or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thumbs Up Thumbs Up


I have a naked suzuki bandit 600, been its proud owner for a month now! There hardy and will take a few punches without crumbling!
Its a bike to take on winter hacks and gain some miles on, i can't go miles wrong with it! Saying that i am only planning on keeping it for a year and then trading it in, thats if i get a decent trade price! Confused

____________________
I have wandered all my life, and I have traveled; the difference between the two is this -- we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.

--Hilaire Belloc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimbo wrote:
For a new rider?? Confused


Why not? Enough new riders go out and buy much less forgiving bikes than a Speed Triple!

But as far as other nakeds, I would say the Hornet is a good choice if you want something revvy and fun but an SV650 will give you nice smooth power with that lovely growl!

I wouldn't reccomend a Speed Four (Did I just say that? Me, not recommending a Triumph??!!) as there are much better bikes out there, the R6 for one. The four just lacks a little 'something' but it does handle very well.

Nope, my recomendation.. the Hornet.
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends how much money you want to spend, what you want the bike for etc

i think test rides are a good place to start, and they are fun too even if you are bricking it

worth remembering, is that if you take the fairings off a tt600, its practically a speed four and they are very cheap for what they are £1500 for a 2001 bike with 10000 miles for example

suspension and brakes on a tt600 or speed four are sports 600 quality so superior to most other nakeds. although admittedly the engine isnt as good

as mentioned, the handling is good too
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Reppyboyo
Nearly there...



Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 24 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rightly the Speed Four just has the fairing removed, and the engine has different cams to reclaim some mid-range.
Good handling, and a cheap bike to get, fairly cheap to insure too.

The Speed Triple is more future proof parts and accessories wise, but are much more to insure.

Find me a decent Speed Triple for around £2500~ and Id buy one. (Once ive done my DAS anyway Razz)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mjolnir
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 25 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Hornet here. Loads of fun, fast and quite nimble (though I'm not really good enough to go pushing it to it's limits yet).

I bought mine a couple of months ago and love the thing. Insurance is cheap enough for me (£250 TPFT - 1st bike) and it looks brilliant.

Tank range is a downside but not as much as some go on about. Get around 100-120 miles before reserve though it can be a bit of a pain filling it up since I sit on it to keep it upright to get the most I can in. Apparently the newer Hornets don't have this problem and have a larger tank. Mines a 2002 model.

Like the Idea of a naked Triumph though... perhaps not for a 1st bike

Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 25 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often read the impressions of Z750S owners in japanese forums which say "seat is a little bit too hard. My hip sores(at long touring)". Some of them changed to cozy seat, or added cushion in the seat, but they are still moaning about seat in threads.
We don't see many of other bikes(hornet/bandit) here. Once I test rode Z750S on an open road. It had lessor torque at low rev(even compared to W650), and massive power at high rev for low level rider like me. I felt I can't control this power yet.
I'm curious what new bandit650 with liquid-cooled engine like. I suggest bikes which has original shield cowl. I attached large shield to my W650, but wind protection performance is worse than bikes which has half cowl originally.

https://motocity.com.tw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31952&sid=5ce89e8f802722a07bde59d70e40f70c
____________________
own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Torque05
Nearly there...



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 25 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got to be the Z750! what a great bike, fun, comfortable and looks damn good. It is the leading bike in its class after all! Thumbs Up
____________________
~Sahf East Winnah~

~Yamaha Vmax 1996~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 26 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hornet Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

krebsy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:02 - 27 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
If you want a naked bike, there is only one option.... A Speed Triple! Thumbs Up


Rode an original edition 855cc bright yellow (the same model as the one in Kill bill apparently) speed triple 3 months ago. 5 gears, redline at 9k and as much torque as a tractor.. Smile. goes like absolute stink. Smile. A little on the heavy side and a "Big" bike. if you are under 5ft 8 in then you'll have issues touching the floor.. Smile..

Loved it.

K.
____________________
What's my New Year's resolution?

1280 x 1024.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 101.71 Kb