|
|
| Author |
Message |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:55 - 05 Dec 2006 Post subject: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? |
 |
|
Get a SV650.
You want a SV650.
God is a SV650.
I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.
FFS.
Fuck off.
When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.
It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.
It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.
Thankyou please.
 ____________________ Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ColdInsomnia |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ColdInsomnia World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mrtEE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mrtEE World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:03 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
you go on about shitty Busa's so fuck off urself lad.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:08 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
The sv650 is more frugal than a citroen 2cv
The sv650 leaves the factory wearing approximately the same amount of paint as the average woman's finger nail
The sv650 was designed by a team of french alcoholics on a friday afternoon
The sv650 is infinitely more respectable than a hayabusa
I sense an SV650 legend thread coming in much the same style as the legendary '98 R1 thread  ____________________ TL1000s, KDX200
Last edited by ram_doom on 00:09 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:19 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mozzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mozzer Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lilredmachine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lilredmachine World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| brianmcewan.co.uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 brianmcewan.co.uk Brolly Dolly

Joined: 25 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:27 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: Re: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? |
 |
|
| carlosfandango wrote: | Get a SV650.
You want a SV650.
God is a SV650.
I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.
FFS.
Fuck off.
When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.
It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.
It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.
Thankyou please.
 |
You sound a bundle of laughs mate.
I was asking for advice and was saying I was thinking about an SV650 as they are pretty good in all areas from what I've heard.
Wish I had the money you had mate, but we're not all special people  ____________________ Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rawker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rawker World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| brianmcewan.co.uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 brianmcewan.co.uk Brolly Dolly

Joined: 25 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:32 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rawker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rawker World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:33 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeh i want one, coz i wanna hit a tun and cure cancer  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:35 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: Re: Is this a SV650 salesmans forum? |
 |
|
| Bazza_RS125 wrote: | | carlosfandango wrote: | Get a SV650.
You want a SV650.
God is a SV650.
I took my SV650 to see my parents, we're getting married next year.
FFS.
Fuck off.
When I first joined this forum and asked what bike I should get after DAS the majority leaped up and said SV650.
It seems I cant open a thread without reading about someones SV650 or some spotty teenage wank about a SV650.
It's about time the member base realised there is more to life than aspiring to a SV650. Like actualy getting a life first.
Thankyou please.
 |
You sound a bundle of laughs mate.
I was asking for advice and was saying I was thinking about an SV650 as they are pretty good in all areas from what I've heard.
Wish I had the money you had mate, but we're not all special people  |
My DAS instructor took me to Crescent Suzuki, home of team Rizla. I was going to spank a deal with the salesman. The instructor was a great lad, Army MP and had something to do with the Royal Signals... He also bought hig GS500's from crescent and no doubt got canny kickbacks - hey why not, we all have to make a living. The majority on this forum were all saying SV650 like it was the holy grail of newbieness.
I aint got a lot of money. I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont gamble. I dont spend my money on anything except keeping house and motorbikes. I've worked for 20 years. Before Bikes it was fast cars. You cant have the best of everything in life, but if you focus on just one thing you can spend your money on what you like. It's a little bit like being an individual without the self appreciating bullshit. I invested money in order to buy my bikes, I saved my money, I 'earned' them.
 ____________________ Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| brianmcewan.co.uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 brianmcewan.co.uk Brolly Dolly

Joined: 25 May 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| carlmalibu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carlmalibu Spanner Monkey
Joined: 24 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BorderHooner |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BorderHooner Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 29 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| carlmalibu wrote: | I want an SV-s next. Why?
Because they're easy to restrict,
they're not bad 2-up,
people who own them get very passionate about them (this must be a positive yes?)
they're cheap to buy and cheap to insure,
they look pretty,
and they're a V-twin (I'm bored of revving bikes to fuck and I like the grunt). T
hey're a good compromise between naked and faired bikes,
they're built to a fairly decent standard,
a fair few gixxer parts are interchangeable and they have a decent MPG. a 70bhp bike for £4k new is pretty good. When you can get one that's been loved for every day of its life for around £1500 you know there must be something about them.
That's my reasoning anyway. |
ok sonny jim. I'll answer all of your points. (as it seems like a spotty teenage wank in a bike mag reply)
tonnes of other bikes are just as east to restrict. Just because one takes 20 minutes more labour doesnt mean you wont enjoy 12 months riding it.
Hundreds of bikes are not bad two up - what sort of argument is that?
People go on passionatley about many first things, like their fist big bike, their first blow job, their first pay cheque etc etc etc. Doesnt mean it's the best, it means your new to it and liking it.
Plenty of bikes are cheap to buy and insure, a 10 year old well looked after Divvy can be had for a fraction of 4K and insurance too, all for under £2K probably - it will do anything a SV can do, except it wont look newer and be the bike 'just about everyone is wanking about.... aparrantly.
They are bikini faired. That's a compromise? eh - what are you compromising? They aren't as hard as a real mans naked street bike and not as aerodynamic as a faired bike - theyr'e a bucked tooth inbred compromise.
They are built to a fairly decent standard? Eh, fairly decent? The Co-op sell fairly decent man made leather look shoes, do you wear them?
You can be cool and buy parts for a supersports bike, yeah, 'real' gixxer parts I may add, you can swagger away from the parts desk then fit them in secret in your shed - to your SV. How kewl is that.
70hp for 4K wow. I bought 110bhp for £3K on a bike with only 4K miles on the dash. Plenty of 100hp bikes for sale for £2K. HP is irrelevant, I believe we have allready deduced that a SV650 has as much horsepower as a 1970's superbike and everyone thought that was fuck fast 30 years ago. You can get by with 20 horsepower if your'e sticking to the law.
You can get one that's been loved for everyday of its life for £1500? eh, a £1500 SV650 has been spanked to death just like all motorbikes. Thats what they are for.
We dont need to know about the most sensible bike, the one that ticks all the boxes, the one that does everything nicely.
We want to talk about the bikes that blow your fucking mind and you live with all the other problems and faults because those few moments when you peak are worth it.
I just dont understand this safe in the harbour mentality. Ships are safe in the harbour but thats not what ships were built for.
'
lol.
I'm 33 not 73.  ____________________ Benelli. Happy as a pig in cacky.
Last edited by BorderHooner on 01:03 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| brianmcewan.co.uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 brianmcewan.co.uk Brolly Dolly

Joined: 25 May 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:47 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
| carlosfandango wrote: |
lol.
I'm 33 not 73.  |
Don't get on like it then  ____________________ Kawasaki Z1000 '05
Honda Fireblade 954 '03 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paivi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paivi World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:47 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Angryjonno: Keep them coming!
carlosfandango: Go and wash your mouth with soap, young man, that language was as disgusting as it was unnecessary.
mrtEE: Please stop that stupid karma war with carlosfandango! All it does is affects your own karma, as your ratings are revoked, and it's bloody boring for the rest of us. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| extreme3d |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 extreme3d World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:48 - 06 Dec 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
No Comment
other than to say very few people on the forum recommend the SV650.....
....They all recommend the SV650s 
Last edited by extreme3d on 00:52 - 06 Dec 2006; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 309 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|