Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Anyone used Arlen Ness textiles?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DanStw0
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Anyone used Arlen Ness textiles? Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Just going through the process of getting my bike licence and I am starting to buy clothing for when I pass my test.

I am going out this weekend to look at some textile jackets and pants but have been looking on the net for ideas.

I have tried searching for peoples views on here about Arlen Ness as I have seen a jacket I would like to try on. But have had no real success in finding out whether they are any good.

This is the jacket in question - https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/hermes/shop/details?itemId=2188

I quite like the style of it and it has all the normal protectors in shoulders, elbows etc..

I also like the idea that you can get pants to zip to the bottom to effectively become like a one piece suit for winter riding.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Dan
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate if you're going to the Northwich one check out the Frank Thomas Titanium 2 pc textiles, I've just bought a set and they're fantastic.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanStw0
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply...

Yeah I am going over to Northwich this weekend..

Will have a good luck round before I make my choice and will look at the Frank Thomas ones you have suggested...

Cheers Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanStw0 wrote:
Cheers for the reply...

Yeah I am going over to Northwich this weekend..

Will have a good luck round before I make my choice and will look at the Frank Thomas ones you have suggested...

Cheers Very Happy


There's bugger all nice textiles there if you like plain leather jacket esque ones, although there is a nice Furygan jacket/pants there I don't know the brand...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DanStw0
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 07 Dec 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only want something plain anyway. Smile

I dont like the look of the tribal style jackets out there, I prefer something simple.

The Frank Thomas you suggested looks good especially with the grey accents

As a brand though which are better quality of the two?

JS sell a lot of IXS and there own brand to anyone know if these are good?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 44 Kb