Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Stupid things people say

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Stupid things people say Reply with quote

Right, the clue's really in the title on this one, just feel free to share any of the gems that your mates have come up with, here's two to start you off:

1. I'm sitting watching the Electric Proms with James Brown about a week ago (awesome if anyone saw it Thumbs Up ) and my housemate wandered in:

Him - Hey, is that Jools Holland?

Me - Nah, it's the Electric Proms with James Brown

Him - What, before he died?



2. Me and 2 of my other housemates are sat in the living room. One of them gets a text from a bird he'd got hold of a couple of nights ago. He kindly read it out for us: "Go on MySpace and check your messages."

At this point my other mate decided to help us out in figuring the clearly cryptic text out, and I swear that with a really smug look on his face, and without any hint of sarcasm he announces: "I reckon she's left you a message mate."


N.B. I've just read over them, and I guess you had to be there, but hey, you get the idea, get contributing people. I've got some pretty good quotes I could dig up if you earn them...
____________________
McGee - "When I go to the mall and see all the high school girls, I have to have DO NOT TOUCH THE GIRLS written on my hand. Every time I go to grope I see it and stop."
K7 GSXR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=105103

Might interest you Laughing
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Stupid things people say Reply with quote

Welsh people - "Is it?"

Is it what ffs? Confused
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dischord wrote:
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=105103

Might interest you Laughing


Well that's hardly the same thing at all now is it?

My thread is clearly much better...
____________________
McGee - "When I go to the mall and see all the high school girls, I have to have DO NOT TOUCH THE GIRLS written on my hand. Every time I go to grope I see it and stop."
K7 GSXR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

angryjonny
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Stupid things people say Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
Welsh people - "Is it?"

Is it what ffs? Confused


It's spelt "isseht"

Similarly "innit" is another one that gets me. "I'm going down the shops, innit."

In what? In your car?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 19 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Stupid things people say Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
ram_doom wrote:
Welsh people - "Is it?"

Is it what ffs? Confused


It's spelt "isseht"

Similarly "innit" is another one that gets me. "I'm going down the shops, innit."

In what? In your car?


Its just a dialect thing, in Essex its 'aint it' Very Happy
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Stupid things people say Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
ram_doom wrote:
Welsh people - "Is it?"

Is it what ffs? Confused


It's spelt "isseht"

Similarly "innit" is another one that gets me. "I'm going down the shops, innit."

In what? In your car?


I dont understand why everyone here says it...

eg. welshie: "they 'ave lovely clothes in the shop mind." other welshie "is it?"
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:22 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they do that round Bristol way too, along with "where are you to". What the fook? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:12 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

More welshisms:

By there - How can it by 'BY' there?

I do do that / I do go there - O RLY?
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

john2
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:49 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there all chavs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:54 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah my cousin is welsh and now works for us and he says all the before moentioned things like is it, by there and so on .. hes from the valllleyeeess Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

EDBANGER
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My housemate thought that Hitlers first name was Rudoplh!!!

My god that was my funny.
____________________
If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

fast_tzr wrote:
Apparently they do that round Bristol way too, along with "where are you to". What the fook? Confused

Me and my girlfriend have had enough grief from all my flatmates about our westcountry accents.

"Where is it too?"

It makes perfect sense in the Westcountry, the rest of yous are just stupid.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:08 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to admit it but I was listening to radio 4........... apparently there is a phrase for this type phrase ( can't rememeber what it was , can I ), innit ,wont I, arent I, will I, don't you think, etc. apparently English has many of these endings and there has been a big study on them. All other languages have simular endings but it was found that the other languages only have one ending where we ( England ) have many. Even Tibetan has one.
Before you start on the fact that I listen to radio 4 I'm just as embarassed as you would be if you were caught playing Val Doonican in your ipod.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
fast_tzr wrote:
Apparently they do that round Bristol way too, along with "where are you to". What the fook? Confused

Me and my girlfriend have had enough grief from all my flatmates about our westcountry accents.

"Where is it too?"

It makes perfect sense in the Westcountry, the rest of yous are just stupid.


Laughing Exactly, I get that too. Luckily there's a guy from Cornwall in my block so it's not too bad, I can get my fix of 'gurt big' and 'urrrp' when I need to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the somerset folk with their burr aye, 'ee motor on loik
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
And the somerset folk with their burr aye, 'ee motor on loik

A lot of that "Somerset" talk, doesn't really go on much, unless you go right into the countryside. People who use that on TV, usually put it on. Like posh accents.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit, last year i lived with a crap load of thick accented northerners, so all the heavy accented southerners just seemed to congregate Laughing
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 256 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.25 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 100.35 Kb