Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Please Help - Can I trust this eBay shop ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
 Topic moved: from General Bike Chat to Random Banter by EuropeanNC30Rider (25 Jan 2007 - 09:44)
View previous topic : View next topic  

Should I buy from this ebay shop ?
Yes I should, it's safe and cheaper then retail.
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No I shouldn't, very risky and better to avoid, pay more 30%+ at a local bike shop and be safe.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author Message

UK_Downhiller
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:03 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Please Help - Can I trust this eBay shop ? Reply with quote

Hello,
I never bought mountain bike parts before online, actually, i'm even new to bikechatforums, the reason I'm giving it a shot is because I've got a friend that told me that the parts on the net are much cheaper then retail shops ... I found this shop on eBay called "Extreme Priced Bike Parts", their link is:
https://stores.ebay.com/Extreme-Priced-Bike-Parts

I ran into them when I was searching for a Rock Shox Totem 2 Step-Air ... first I wanted to buy it from "Cycle Sports UK",
there it's priced for £654.99 :
https://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3242

but then, when I checked this shop on eBay, I found out they are selling the same model for only $945.99 (£478.97)
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280071838596&ih=018&category=58086&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:GENERIC
This is almost 30% less ... and they got "best offer", so I understand that possibly even a bit cheaper, I wanted to check if you recommend me to proceed with that purchase, seems promissing because they got like 182 positive feedbacks and I saw many from the UK, I sent those Extreme Priced Bike Parts a question and they told me that they will undervalue the totem to 99$ only so that i won't pay high VAT charges that really makes me wonder if I should buy from them or not ... so please help me to decide, it'll be my first online purchase and I need some tips from people that are experienced.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Adam_P
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:27 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone esle wondering whether he actually read what BCF was about before starting to post? Thinking Eh?
____________________
Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP Sad
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:35 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam_P wrote:
Anyone esle wondering whether he actually read what BCF was about before starting to post? Thinking Eh?


Yep. Laughing

Bless.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

69.9mph
Crazy Courier



Joined: 20 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:11 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Re: Please Help - Can I trust this eBay shop ? Reply with quote

UK_Downhiller wrote:
Any comments will be appreciated.


I believe the current collective wisdom would be to forget that lot and get a CG125.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

john2
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who voted before reading the post Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:31 - 24 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Yes the shop looks good, i'd use them.

Undervaluing the package is great too, it means you won't get hit with huge import tax too.

This is a motorcycle forum btw Wink
____________________
Where does a turn end? 'Where you can do anything with the gas you want to, where you are brave again, where your attention is free from the turn, where you are sure you can do it better next time; that's the end' - Keith Code.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

strag
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it could be a clever promotion of his shop Wink
____________________
carbon bling
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

firefox
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:47 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

strag wrote:
Or it could be a clever promotion of his shop Wink



shops in hongkong Wink
____________________
bye bye gti <^>( ' . ' )<^>
*officer* what caused the crash ? *firefox* you see that wall up there sir ?
*officer* yes what about it *firefox* i tooted my horn but it refused to move i had to teach it a lesson.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy an SV650 and chuck the pushbike in a skip! Smile

Remember, the more you turn the throttle, the faster you go! ((C) ColinWall 2006)
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Buy an SV650 and chuck the pushbike in a skip! Smile

Why downgrade Confused.

Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Random banter boys and girls, it's the place that I come where I can talk without feeling guilty 'cos I haven't got a bike yet...
____________________
McGee - "When I go to the mall and see all the high school girls, I have to have DO NOT TOUCH THE GIRLS written on my hand. Every time I go to grope I see it and stop."
K7 GSXR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Buy an SV650 and chuck the pushbike in a skip! Smile

Why downgrade Confused.

Razz


I'm making a generalisation about what the average BCF member would say!

Now you don't race 'em you can get away with saying that! Wink

I could have told him to buy a Gilera DNA! Smile
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave McCool wrote:
It's Random banter boys and girls, it's the place that I come where I can talk without feeling guilty 'cos I haven't got a bike yet...

Note the original section posted in.

A DNA - now they're 2nd only to the legendary 98 R1 I reckon, doubt mr Downhiller could sit on one without the engine and handle the raw power, never mind when it's actually running!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave McCool
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Dave McCool wrote:
It's Random banter boys and girls, it's the place that I come where I can talk without feeling guilty 'cos I haven't got a bike yet...

Note the original section posted in.


Balls.
____________________
McGee - "When I go to the mall and see all the high school girls, I have to have DO NOT TOUCH THE GIRLS written on my hand. Every time I go to grope I see it and stop."
K7 GSXR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:


A DNA - now they're 2nd only to the legendary 98 R1 I reckon, doubt mr Downhiller could sit on one without the engine and handle the raw power, never mind when it's actually running!


Knew someone would get a '98 R1 in there somewhere... Laughing
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone knows that the 98r1 would destroy the 0-60, 0-100 and 0-1000mph time of a push bike. But the push bike with 21 gears it will be a hell of a race Cool
____________________
My Bike Pics
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 25 Jan 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a good time for that push bike vs Harley long joke thingy as well Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.5 - MySQL Queries: 18 - Page Size: 98.75 Kb