Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Addiction.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Addiction. Reply with quote

It may have a smaller engine that just one of your cylinders, but I can't stop riding this machine, my yam sr.
I can't see myself getting bored of this little bike before long, but I would like to try out the sporting type, and 2 stroke, not sure what to go for I would like a machine that is as reliable as a 2 stroke can be, it doesn't need to be in mint condition either, just a good engine a chain and 2 wheels.
Maybe some brakes. Laughing

And for going up after my test, I don't know whether to stay with the 125 or do the restricted access and buy maybe the sr250? I doubt this will be much over 33bhp anyways.

Any suggestions welcome cheers fellaz.

Soul.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that you enjoy riding your SR.

I wanted another CG125 at some point for buggering about on.

T
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Simple
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

one difference between an SR125 and an SR250 will be lots of people want a cheap 125 to nip about on.. I doubt many people want a 250 scooter? but I may be wrong. But if you don't like it you may struggle to sell it, unless it's bargain cheap?

I'd go with a restricted 500, I did. though first I had a varadero 125 - not fast enough, handled and was good for build quality and practicality.
had an NSR125R1 didn't handle went well... drank pricey oil and fouled plugs alot.
GPZ500s had similar acceleration to the NSR only difference being let go of the throttle on the NSR at 80 and it would take a while to wind back up to it and start to accelerate, do it on the gpz and the power is there when you ask for it again.

handling GPZ wins over varadero and nsr
speed gpz wins then nsr then dero
brakes nsr wins
running costs - varadero was cheapest but for the extra oomph the gpz wins.
insurance - gpz it's the oldest and less desirable,
purchase price - gpz cost half of what the nsr and varadero did.
tax gpz is most expensive at £46

I spent 6 months on the NSR, then swapped for the gpz in the last 18months of my restriction which ends in 2 weeks. (wuhhhhoooo)

So although you think the SR50 is the mutts at the moment have you got anything else to compare it to?
I'd go for a 500 and restrict it ( be good)

Hope this helps...
simple
____________________
Insta - FemFeral
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple wrote:
one difference between an SR125 and an SR250 will be lots of people want a cheap 125 to nip about on.. I doubt many people want a 250 scooter? but I may be wrong. But if you don't like it you may struggle to sell it, unless it's bargain cheap?


You might have a point if the SR250 _was_ actually a scooter...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SoulRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 01 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can still get mint condition RS250's, not the most reliable bikes but fast, top end of around 135 i believe.

Again not the most practial of bikes but if you want something fun, well i would get one if i could afford it.
____________________
My Bike Pics
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 245 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 45.05 Kb