Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


todays rant about bt

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Teaman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:31 - 05 Feb 2007    Post subject: todays rant about bt Reply with quote

Well my BB keeps dropping my after about 5 mins for no reason and also my phone line is crackly so I phone bt and go through all the press button 1 for help and so on and after about 4 mins of listening to some automated bint saying all the stuff I dont want I get a bb problem button to press, so I press it and then it informs me that I need to phone an 0845 number.
Grr I thought and so I phoned the number, bare in mind I have a very crackly phone line. it finally puts me on hold for a bit then puts me through to some help desk in outer mongolia so not only do I have cracklyness its like speaking to your local ethnic doctor with a strong accent, ok the english is good but if they have to wander from the script there stuffed..
Anyway after being passed from one person to another and then back again whilst being put on hold a fair few times someone does a line test and it comes back busy, "I'm sorry sir I don't know why its its busy," ITS BECAUSE YOUR TALKIN TO ME ON IT YOU NUMPTY"
I think I then got passed to one more person called Guna( I know this becasue ive just complained about him) he proceded to say I will just run through one more trouble shooting test with you sir, Listen mate, Ive done all the trouble shooting I can possibly do, I dont think theres anything else I can do, do you have the latest drivers, yes, I've alreqady mentioned this, iove also mentioned everything else is fully up to date so have you tested my line properly? is there a problem or not? I will just run through some trouble shooting things with you sir. Have you tested my line and is there a fault?I just need to ask you a question if you have done this. No, Ive just asked you a question that requires a yes or no answer, Have YOU, Tested, My phone line? It's not rocket science to most people
By which time im absolutely livid and decide to say sod it, ive had enough.
can you get your supervisor to phone me back please as obviously you havnt got a clue whats going off as your repeating yourself,
Sir I can give you the number of the faults line and they will be able to test your line.
Just get your supervisor to phone me back as I want to comp[lain about YOU as you really are annoying me.
Ok sir now if you just hold the line a min. NO,, YOU WILL GET YOUR SUPERVISOR to phone me back, I,m now going to put my phone down as I'm currently paying for you to annoy me and when I do you will get your boss to phone me.

Behold, 10 mins later his boss phones me on my mobile and I again explain what the problem is, she manages to properly test my line, admits that he could hear my phone being crackly and appologised about it all,
I just told her that they really need to not just rely on scripts and actually listen to the customers once in a while.

Complete f8kwhits if you ask me,
would have been more successfull if I'd got Mozza on remote help.


BT,, dont ya just love em?


whilst typing this my line has dropped about 10 times
____________________
There is no point in ranting about someone stupid because there is nothing u can do about it. There is no cure for stupid.
Someone stupid does not realise they r stupid.stupidity is indistinguishable from malice U just have to accept that some people are thick as p1gsh1t and work around them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 05 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, twats they are, they're worst for business users, I believe they charge £25 per query kind of thing...

on the press button for options note, I always ring the sales line, when I get the options, I press 'star' repeatedly once every second, then you get to speak to a human(mostly english) who put you through to mostly english customer services people who actually can help(sometimes) Thumbs Up
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil_G
Traffic Copper



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 05 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody bt broadband Mad

Im with them and most times I plug my router in, It wont connect properly to the service, and I will need to get up adn down unplug it, leave it out for 5 mins before plugging it in again, only to find it still wont connect, and then I have to go through the whole PITA rigmarole again .. humph...
____________________
1997 Kawasaki ER 500 A1:- Once again, Its merely crap Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:15 - 06 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll troubleshoot it for you.

Filters, It's ALWAYS filters (unless your line is foobarred)
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 06 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got problems with my bt broadband as well. i works ok, but the bbc website stops working 5 mins after i've turned the pc on. First thing to go is the pictures, I get red x's where they should be, then the entire page stops loading. Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 06 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's your provider owdamer?
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 06 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds a step up from NTL who would never ring you back in a million years if you asked them to

will not (or very rarely) give you their name, for the reason that they then lose the ability to put the phone down on you and never have to speak to you again

have english call centres, but you will get 1 of maybe 3 different ones, each containing a squillion different operators, so you can guarantee you never get the same one twice

said operators never communicate or document your problems, so nothing is ever ultimately solved, and you have to go through the same batty self diagnosis shite that never sorts the problem out

will come and dig up your garden before the problem is properly diagnosed. will also dig up your path. will then not return to re-cement it, even tho they promised they would. ultimately digging the garden up and laying a new line didnt fix the problem, and the noise on the phone they claim to have removed, was as bad as before

they will promise you a free upgrade for all the trouble they have caused, then in the bill for that month they will charge you for said free upgrade, because no one talks to each other and there was no record of anything given free in compensation. Regardless of the fact that the upgrade was faulty and you were still recieving broadband at a substandard speed under 1meg never mind 4.

the whole time you are being charged also for a phone that spends more time dead than alive, and a bunch of wank television channels that you wish you didnt have, with a user interface that freezes randomly for ten minutes at a time just as you are trying to switch to something you actually want to watch

and the alternative to all this cable misery? bloody british telecom Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Down
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.86 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.39 Kb