Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New louder horn.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 14 Feb 2007    Post subject: New louder horn. Reply with quote

I suppose I should take a picture of the one I have.

Basically following a post on this site, I bought a new horn for my ER5, which was/is brilliant its really loud. However i've no idea where I bought it from.

The only thing I remember is that it was from some place that mostly supplied BMW bits.

Its not an air horn, I can take a picture later, but its just a fat looking horn, can anyone remember, it was about £15 .

I've got 2 bikes now and the horn on my Z sounds like a moped.

Thanks
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 14 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nippy Normans? Stebel magnum?

https://www.motor-world.co.uk/images/prod/6556.jpg
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

scoota bk
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:59 - 15 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just fit std car low note horns, fiver each, to all scooters/bikes that come into my ownership.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 15 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Nautilus on my bike...loud enough to make your ears bleed. Thumbs Up
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 15 Feb 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

By coincidence I've been looking for a replacement horn for the GPZ.
The bike isn't particularly loud (still got OEM cans/exhaust etc), but the standard horn fitted can hardly be heard over the sound of the bike Rolling Eyes


EDIT (Fri 23rd) : Just for the record I've just done an online order for a 139dB Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. I'll let ya know what it's like after I've fitted it.... once I've stemmed the bleeding from my ears Twisted Evil
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 237 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 43.98 Kb