Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Need to go around roundabout faster.. ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dew
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Need to go around roundabout faster.. ? Reply with quote

Then look where you want to end up and you will be able to navigate the roundabout quick/fast. Twisted Evil Heard this loads of time and it does work! Thumbs Up
But watch out for the fukin manhole cover which takes your rear wheel for spin and 'cos of the speed make you loose the back end. Happened to me yesterday!! Laughing Managed to survive somehow..
So look where you want to go but do check the road before committing yourself.
____________________
Theory: 34/35, 64/75 Test: 23-Oct-06 PASSED (No minors)
Current: Ninja ZX- 6R Future: ???
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its called forward observation, works on all things not just roundabouts. Wink
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cestrian
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a little faith in your tyres too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bassically if you want to go faster you should learn basic riding skills. Rolling Eyes

Wait till you learn about leaning the bike over, you'll have a blast.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun wrote:
So bassically if you want to go faster you should learn basic riding skills. Rolling Eyes



To be fair i think alot of people could do with being reminded as often as possible the simple caveats of;

In any panic situation DONT just grab a handful of the front brake.

Or

If you're going into a corner at what you consider too fast, stare at the exit, tip it over and pray. Graceful lowside beats running head on into a curb and tree on the brakes.

Both have saved my arse enough times.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:48 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought look where you want to go was a very basic thing that I had drilled into my head by my instructor whilst learning and yes it has saved my behind more than once, first time I got my exhaust down on the GSXR I was hanging off the bike staring at the exit and screaming in my helmet because I'd gone in to a corner way too fast, funny though.

Oh and trim your signature bonny before I report you to a mod! Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:01 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please make sure your signature conforms to the following set of rules:

- No more than 3 lines of text high
- No wider than the size of the box below
- No images or graphics, except smilies
- No abusive language or personal attacks


Laughing Mr. Green Shhh!
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TGR
Crazy Courier



Joined: 10 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one area I need to practice on! I've only been on my bike for 6 weeks and when doing my CBT, I didnt have any problems with roundabouts on the yamaha sr125. But doing it on the sachs XTC 125 is a completely new ball game but I think I just need to get the feeling off the bike and keep viewing where I want to go!
____________________
1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L - 1999 Suzuki GS500E - 1990 Kawasaki ZX750R H2 - 1991 Honda CBR 600 - 2015 Skyteam Monkey 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I find with this looking ahead etc is that if I'm following some one at speed I tend to watch their rear wheel/ brake light.

So I brake to early etc.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 02 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
The only problem I find with this looking ahead etc is that if I'm following some one at speed I tend to watch their rear wheel/ brake light.

So I brake to early etc.


I always look ahead of the person I am following. Most times I know they are going to need to brake before they do as they are looking a few yards in front of their wheel.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dew
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:58 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:


I always look ahead of the person I am following. Most times I know they are going to need to brake before they do as they are looking a few yards in front of their wheel.


Thats exactly what i do as well, saved me loads of time Thumbs Up
Well, the point I was trying to make with my post is that look where you want to end up, but keep checking the road surface as well. It's a bit tricky on roundabout at high speed! Twisted Evil
____________________
Theory: 34/35, 64/75 Test: 23-Oct-06 PASSED (No minors)
Current: Ninja ZX- 6R Future: ???
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 72.83 Kb