Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Obligatory new can pictures :o)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Obligatory new can pictures :o) Reply with quote

I fitted my new Carbon Can Company can last night and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. It's alot shorter than I thought it would be, I'm not sure if it's one of their cut down versions or that is the standard length.
It's also a rather bit more noisy than the Micron I had on last year. Thumbs Up Laughing
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks beefy. I just ordered a new A16 race can for my R6. I've got an old A16 stubby race can on my FZR and it sounds the bollocks (looks wank though).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

syris
Crazy Courier



Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can suits the bike really well. Thumbs Up

Any pictures of it with the Micron on?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you can see it was high level. I ended up not really liking it. Confused
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cokker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm the high level can doesn't really look right Confused

The new one looks bloody fab!
____________________
No longer have a bike due to a DVLA/Court royal f**k up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

syris
Crazy Courier



Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the new one looks far better I think.

The Micron was maybe too long?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look long at that angle. The can itself wasn't any longer than any other, just where it's positioned I suppose.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 03 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha haaa, that bazooka before looked mental!

The new one is bad man Cool Thumbs Up

(Looks like you got a few quid to Wink )
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Marcg868
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:41 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new can looks gorgeous. And also what a nice view from your back garden Lucky you Thumbs Up
____________________
JACK, MISS YOU LOADS YOU LEGEND.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DaveH
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Re: Obligatory new can pictures :o) Reply with quote

Mr.Everready wrote:
I fitted my new Carbon Can Company can last night and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. It's alot shorter than I thought it would be, I'm not sure if it's one of their cut down versions or that is the standard length.
It's also a rather bit more noisy than the Micron I had on last year. Thumbs Up Laughing
Looks terrific Thumbs Up

Agree about the cracking view; do you live in the tent? Wink
____________________
https://www.timhastingsracing.co.uk/

ZX7R & ER6F
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Agree about the cracking view; do you live in the tent?


No, thats the toilet. We don't have running water or inside toilets round this way yet. Crying or Very sad
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Re: Obligatory new can pictures :o) Reply with quote

Mr.Everready wrote:
I fitted my new Carbon Can Company can last night and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. It's alot shorter than I thought it would be, I'm not sure if it's one of their cut down versions or that is the standard length.
It's also a rather bit more noisy than the Micron I had on last year. Thumbs Up Laughing

Where did you get it from, how much? I think that'd look quite nice on my bike. Thumbs Up Quite like it that it's shorter than other exhausts.

Actually, what tail tidy is that, and what did you do about the number plate light?
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:40 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it from where I get all my bike stuff. Wink Laughing

It's an R & G tail tidy, the led number plate light comes with it.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ProXimaCore
Dougal



Joined: 01 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 04 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were those LED front indi's straight forward to fit or was the blinking rate way out?
____________________
Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 05 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to fitted a new relay for the rear lights instead of the resistors but for some reason it didn't work with the fronts. Confused
So I used the resistors for the fronts, it's easy enough to wire in. What I had to do though was use indy spacers to mount the lights on, drill a couple of holes through them and secure with small bolts.
If and when I change again I'd probalbly gor for something like this.

https://www.clutchlevers.com/ltsmg600r.JPG

They are model / make specific so they should fit the holes right.
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LUXY DJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 05 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

carbon can co has a nice sound Wink 1 on me SRAD

but yea fcuk me, what a garden attached to your garden! Surprised


so wheres your MV senna,duc 1098, ,etc then? Mr. Green


oh & lean over abit more Laughing
____________________
GSXR750
(FAR FAR from standard) www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 05 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUXY DJ wrote:



oh & lean over abit more Laughing


Shhh! I got a new rear at the back end of last year and not had a chance to give it a good run yet. I was out last Sunday but they were still white with salt and grit was everywhere. I wasn't going to risk too much going into a corner to see all the shit half way round. Wink
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fast_tzr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:44 - 06 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chap down the road has an aluminium oval one of them on his 6r, to be honest I'd say it's the best sounding can I've ever heard on that bike, proper deep.
Looks quality Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 07 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has transformed your bike.

The only reason I didn't really like the B1's was because of the horrible image that has been burned into the back of my mind, showing the high level micron can.

Gawd...it was so just wrong... Razz

Looks lovely now though. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.51 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 103.5 Kb