Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Recommend a digital camera

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:04 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Recommend a digital camera Reply with quote

I'm not looking for anything fancy or complicated.... (OK I'm more interested in cheap and cheerful Wink )

Basically a point-and-shoot with half decent resolution, and maybe the option to add/upgrade the memory etc. Video option would also be good but not essential.

Also needs to be small and sturdy enough to keep in my tank bag for ride outs and/or days out with the family.
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:09 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a Sony Cybershot T10 from Ebuyer where you get £10 off if you pay using Google Checkout.

I'm a camera noob myself and this is perfect for me. Very small - small enough to put in my jeans pocket and pictures look good. Very easy to use as well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:45 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been looking thru the Ebuyer site, and I'm leaning towards the Olympus Mju 700.

At the moment it seems to tick all the boxes, but I'll admit I'm somewhat biased because I had one of the original Mju 35mm cameras some years back, and at the time it was the best quality camera I'd ever had.

... but I'm also obviusly open to any other suggestions. Wink

I'm going to spend some time looking thru some reviews etc and planning to place my order later today
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cbrbiker
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:50 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

'ello matey, fancy seeing you here! Wink (Johnny FireBlade on MCNmingers Wink)

If you can stretch to it, I'd recommend going for the Canon Ixus. There's a few slight model differences, but they're a top bit of kit.
____________________
My Bikepics page
www.trackdaypix.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a ~£50 kodak from asda, its 4mp with 3x optical zoom, and takes normal sd cards and does pretty decent video. I got it because its lightweight, and it was for my Le Parkour, (freerunning) but the picture quality is good for a 4mp, and its survived being dropped from around 2m up with minimal scratching.

uploaded couple pics got with it:
https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/pyroforlyf/101_0092.jpg
https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/pyroforlyf/101_0082.jpg

Those are moving at speed, I didnt realise it has a sports function Embarassed

I think the model is a c433 Smile
HTH
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m99dws
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:19 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbrbiker wrote:
'ello matey, fancy seeing you here! Wink (Johnny FireBlade on MCNmingers Wink)

If you can stretch to it, I'd recommend going for the Canon Ixus. There's a few slight model differences, but they're a top bit of kit.


Ixus for the win Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

greatmoorred
Nearly there...



Joined: 13 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:19 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodak C340.
5megapixel, dead easy to use and small enough to put in your coat pocket.
Good pictures too Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 22 Apr 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung Digimax L85, about £225. Absoultely AWESOME camera, great picture quality, video, takes SD cards, widescreen mode, big screen, rechargable battery, 8MP. Downside is there is no traditional viewfinder.


ALWAYS take rechargable batteries into account, they save you a lot of money in the long run and last a lot longer.

here's a pic taken with it, its been resized - was 3 times this size!

https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/impreza_2007/RESIZED.jpg
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 174 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 3.23 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.02 Kb