Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Insurance, sometimes I like being old!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Insurance, sometimes I like being old! Reply with quote

I've always had fairly old, hacky bikes and being old myself and female insurance has always been pretty cheap.

Sooo, got the renewal through today for my 3 current bikes and it was £155. Not bad I thought, but I'm changing bikes and the new one is big and new so, gulp, get on the phone to Carole Nash to see what they can offer me.

Tell them the 2 Eliminators are going but I need to reinsure the Zeph, then give them the details for the new bike. On hold we go while they recalculate and umm and ahhh (WHY do I keep buying imports that don't appear on their standard database? Especially as the bike has had a reg no allocated to it but is still in the process of being registered at the DVLA............. Rolling Eyes )

OK, here we go. So that's a brand shiny new 800cc Suzuki v-twin and a '93 400cc Zephyr, both fully comp, agreed value, protected no-claims, breakdown included, 3rd party for other bikes included, no garage conditions, excess of £250 on the Suzuki and £100 on the Zeph, that'll be...........















......£205 please madam! Thumbs Up Very Happy

Sometimes the wrinkles are worth it! Laughing
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crashed their servers asking for a '98 R1 for a 17 yr old.
They've got IBM's super computer on the case right now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

£400 for me on a £3000 CBR600F in Liverpool TPFT.

Dance!

T
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
£400 for me on a £3000 CBR600F in Liverpool TPFT.

Dance!

T


I'm starting to think that the saga of you changing your bike is going to be as ongoing as your DAS was......... Razz
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Trixie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going, babyyam! I know what you mean - there are advantages to getting old! Wink

I pay £113.75 fully comp with a £200 excess on a TRX850. Some of it is down to the location though - insurance here works out (for me) to approx half to what I was paying in Reading - but being the wrong side of 30 (and female!) is definitely good in some respects!
____________________
Dead nobodies in company cars...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyyam wrote:
Toby R wrote:
£400 for me on a £3000 CBR600F in Liverpool TPFT.

Dance!

T


I'm starting to think that the saga of you changing your bike is going to be as ongoing as your DAS was......... Razz


Well I decided I wanted a VFR, went to see one, it was shit, got another one lined up, also shit so I decided I won't get anice 2000+ one for £3000 so I'm getting a 2001 CBR600F instead!

T
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

iloveriding
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 24 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 14 Jun 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as, Wont complain I have a cruiser and a bandit on multibike, Full comp (and free windscreen repair ?????) for £244.0 In Somerset, My Quad alone is over £400.00 In comparison with our 4X4 worth over 20k and the insurance on that is £378.00.
Dont add up do it
Tony
____________________
Ride Safe, Stay Safe, Be Safe, Be Seen And See All Other Idiots on the road
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 121 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 5.09 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 58.8 Kb