|
|
| Author |
Message |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:06 - 21 Jun 2007 Post subject: Noob 2T oil question |
 |
|
Hello,
While my Peugeot Elyseo has a full tank of oil after its pre-delivery service, it's not going to stay that way for long. The manual is pretty vague about what oil it likes to drink and the guy from the dealer said it's best to use their oil as it's bad to mix them, but I don't really trust that advice as obviously they want me to buy their oil!
So, is it ok to switch to another brand of oil when the tank dries up? If so, what should I go for? I was going to get Castrol Power1 TTS Fully Synthetic 2T. Is that ok? Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to use fully synthetic in this engine?
Cheers  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TOM M |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TOM M World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:13 - 21 Jun 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers, yeah, I didn't mean I was going to leave it to drain completely away  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| rocket_richie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 rocket_richie Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 31 Jul 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| meyrick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 meyrick Scooby Slapper

Joined: 05 Dec 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:00 - 22 Jun 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Really what I want to know is whether I can use fully synthetic in this engine or not and if so can I just shove it in the same tank with whatever they stuck in there before I picked up the bike.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| i_am_tim |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 i_am_tim Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:10 - 22 Jun 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ask them what type of oil they put in the 2T tank, then just go and buy the same type either semi of fully sync, dont worry about brands. ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|