Hmm?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 18 Jul 2007    Post subject: Hmm? Reply with quote

A boring story but I posted it elsewhere so I thought "Why not here?"

Well I fished work at 5pm, I wasn't going to the gym tonight due to my mate going at 5 and Dean not answering his phone so I decided to go for a spin. John was in a meeting and I don't really like riding with anyone else.

I geared up, got on my bike, waved to the baby next door and shot off up the road.

It was about 6pm when I left my house.

I went up the M4 and got off the first exit to head up to Brecon via Pontardawe (what else?).

The new roadworks just outside the roundabout were cleared up a bit so I 'made progress' shall we say.

Up by Brecon I saw a lot of bikers. They must of saw the sunshine and got on their bikes for once 'cause I never see them when it's cloudy and rainy!

I contemplated stopping up the top to get a picture of the resevoir but I was going a little too fast and missed both lay-bys.

D'oh!

Anyway I headed up to Sennybridge and took a left to Llandovery. I waved a GSXR1000 past as he was riding litterally 2ft behind my rear wheel. He overtook my like a loon (like I used to ride!) and I noticed he had a pillion.

What kind of idiot would put someone else in danger like that? I wasn't even that bad.

I stopped just after the turning where I got my first knee down which was by this lay-by with a statue on it. I pulled over and took my camera out to take a few snaps.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture001-5.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture002-7.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture003-4.jpg

They aren't very good as I didn't want to really focus on my bike as I haven't cleaned it for 3 months! Naughty me.

I watched a few bikers fly passed and I waved to a guy on an R1. He shot off but eventually turned around and pulled up next to me.

His name was Simon and he only recently bought his bike. Seemed like a nice guy, we chatted for about half an hour before parting ways.

I took a few more shots before I left.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture004-5.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture006-3.jpg

Simon headed off before me as I was putting my stuff away but I soon caught up to him and passed him, giving him a friendly wave.

Through Llandovery to Llangadog and up to the Black Mountains I went, determined to raise my confidence once again.

This part of the Black Mountains reminds me of a very small, uphill track. As in, you can see both sides of the road so you can use both lanes. ^_^

I overtook a car whilst wheelying just before the hairpin and pulled in at the top for some photos. The driver and his blonde piece gave me a deathly look.

Hairpin:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture008-3.jpg
It's actually a more acute angle than that it's just I was at a bad place to take photos. Silly me.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture022.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/cacophony_103/Picture023.jpg

From there I headed towards Ammanford to go home as I was busting for a pee since Defynnog. I got to the 'straight' bit and after about 20meters or so I noticed there were stone chippings everywhere. Not small ones but big, pebble sized ones.

After almost dropping the bike I decided to turn around and go through Llandeilo. Sigh...

A nice white van man stopped as he thought I had broken down but I assured him his help was not needed but very much appreciated.

I headed back down the mountain and all the way back to Llangadog and took a left there towards Llandeilo. I stopped quickly at the bridge going over the river Tawe. I have to admit it was very beautiful.

No photos sadly as I didn't want to be run over.

From where I was until I got to a turning for Maesybont I was racing some chavs in a Ford Fiesta. Now by 'race' I mean I was going at my own pace around corners as some of them have dodgy surfaces but he continually tried to keep up with me. I pulled over because I thought I had a phone call and the Ford just drove around me. I got back on the bike and decided to wheelie past him. I managed to get to 98mph before I had to brake for a corner.

Damn them corners.

Anyway, I made it home safe and sound (although I did think I was going to bin it once or twice).

Oh and I managed to pee. It was so good.

Seph.

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile

PostPosted: 21:40 - 18 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, looks really good and i agree with you on the pillion matter, i cant believe some people do that!!

they look awesome roads there!! wish i had some like that near me (though the ones near me are good)

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 18 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are fabulous roads and a great write up.

That pic of the White R6 is awesome by the way!

I wish I had those roads too, not too heavily policed I hope. There are a couple of good ones near me though. Congrats on the first KD too. I have some ok roads near me. I saw about 40ish bikes this evening when I was out, was very busy on the biking roads.

Sephiroth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 18 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my knees down months ago and usually do it when I'm in the mood but thanks on the congrats. Wink

The roads around here are fantastic, especially from Llandovery - Builth Wells.

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 20:20 - 20 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first picture would be excellent with a decent background, although the reflection of the road and trees does work well.

JakeyR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 21 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them roads look awesome, i wish i didn't live in such a flat boring place. Sad Nice write up, and nice pics. Thumbs Up

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:21 - 21 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coooommme oooooon sunny weather Cool
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cqueen
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 24 Jul 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the red & white R6
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 281 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1