 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:37 - 19 Aug 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
When reading before bed etc then I tend to prefer paper based books, but I do have a small library on my Axim for when I'm out and about and have a few minutes spare. Yes, you can get some good selections but be prepared for some mistakes. Alot of the stuff that's available is "home" scanned and accordingly there are a fair few mistakes in the OCR.
There's a huge range of e-book readers out there, suitable for almost any size of screen so impact on eyes is fairly negligible once you've experimented and got it set up to suit yourself. Good luck  ____________________ I'm immortal. Well, so far. |
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:14 - 19 Aug 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to read a few on my Clie (palm clone) and later my M500 (smartphone). Useful for trains/hotels, but it's not the same. Bedtime reading was doable, but didn't have the same relaxing manner about it.
Heard of Project Gutenberg? About 100,000 books, of which 20,000 are free. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|