 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:23 - 22 Aug 2007 Post subject: LAN connection, XP & VISTA |
 |
|
I spoke to a guy at work who gave me a cross over cable and told me how to make a connection between the two.
My old PC is XP and the one i want to transfer files onto is vista.
I've connected the cable, switched on both PC's and gone to network connections on the XP machine. The guy told me to give the PC the IP address 192-168-1-1.....make sure the sharing properties are on and then go on the other PC. Make the other machine 198-168-1-2. This makes sense.
So i think i've got the two to discover each other as on my vista machine it does show in networks a LAN connection. But i dont seem to able to share. I've gone to the C drive on my XP machine and right clicked to share that folder....it went through the motions and then i went back onto the vista machine.
I basically am stuck at this point, i dont know how to see the files on my other computer.
I hope i explained this ok, its my first time networking.
Thanks  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
|