Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Oh no I've got low oil pressure, wait no I haven't....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:49 - 23 Aug 2007    Post subject: Oh no I've got low oil pressure, wait no I haven't.... Reply with quote

I had a blonde moment,


I have been fixing parts on my bike after a low speed spill.

I had to grind down and respray a little metal cover that protects the oil cooler switch above the R&G sticker.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/DSCN0163.jpg

Anyway, when I took that off I noticed the insulation material round the switch was falling apart so I took it off and meant to replace it but didn't and replaced the metal cover.

I went to start the bike today and both oil lights were on. I went down the road hoping they would go out but didn't so came home. I check the oil level(fine), and had the tank off to check the cables underneight as I thought I might have pulled something out when I removed the indicators to take the panels off but everything was fine there.

I was really worried as I'm going to France on Saturday, so I phoned the dealership to find out what was going on. The guy said the switch was probably damaged and to undo it to test it. I did and it went out, what I though was that because it had corrosion on it, it was giving a bad connection so cleaned it up and put it on an started it and no light Very Happy brilliant so I put the cover on and went off again, bollocks light was on again. So phoned them back up and he said to unscrew this thing and see if any oil came out as that was the main feed to the top end. So I did and there wasn't Shocked fuck. I unscrewed the thing completely and started it not a drop of oil came out, I got down and had a look in there and saw that the hole went know where, I'd unscrewed the wrong thing. So I put it back together and started it, fine no light noting great Very Happy. I put the cover on and ride off, FUCK the light is on again so back home and take it apart again, my dad comes to have a look and picks up the cover the grease that is on the switch is all over the cover, he realised that the grease is shorting the switch cleans it up and 2 strips of electrical tape over the switch and everything is great Laughing


That was the most strange 20 minutes I have ever had I went from upset and worried to happy so many times in such a short period of time then felt like the biggest muppet in the world.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:02 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Re: Oh no I've got low oil pressure, wait no I haven't.... Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I went to start the bike today and both oil lights were on. I went down the road hoping they would go out but didn't so came home.

Congratulations, you're too fucking stupid to own a bike Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:37 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're on fire today ZX

I suggest you go back to bed and wake up again with a personality
____________________
meh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:46 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

What because I rode for the sum total of about 20 seconds to see if the problem sorted it's self. If thats stupid then I'm King Mug Head the 3rd.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:59 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a bit harsh zx

I think everyone is entitled to 5mins of retardedness, we live to learn.

Good 2 hear all is ok chris.
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:02 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

While ZX might not say things quite so flowery, he does make good points.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:08 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose, just some people on here are more brutally honest than tactful.

From reading chris's post it was just a case of grease on the electrical connectors for the switch, its a bit strong to say he's too stupid to own a bike.

Any dumb fuck can own a bike, but my point is it does take some level of intellegence to play about with the electrics/mechanical aspects of it.

10/10 for effort though chris
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ZX was saying it's stupid to ride with the oil lights on. Find the cause instead of 'hoping they go away'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i see Embarassed
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm a dick then, oh darn this is gonna upset me all day. I'll try not let it ruin my life.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 24 Aug 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
What because I rode for the sum total of about 20 seconds to see if the problem sorted it's self. If thats stupid then I'm King Mug Head the 3rd.

& it only takes about 5 seconds to do enough damage to throw a rod....which might actually happen for 2000 miles or so...I guess you'l be changing your name to King Mug Head the Turd now?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 69.49 Kb