Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


So who likes the meat?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

What are you?
Omnivore
92%
 92%  [ 79 ]
vegeterian
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Vegan
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Fruiterian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
vegeterian (but still eats fish)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 85

Author Message

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: So who likes the meat? Reply with quote

After a bit of an argument in asda with a vegan woman, she wanted to know if i felt bad for wearing a cows skin.

I just wondered what we are all into eating on here! Vegeterian, etc, so just a little poll to see.

Both my parents are veggies but i couldnt live without bacon!
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:38 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meat all the way for me thanks. You cant beat a good steak.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLUEX5 wrote:
If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't of made them out of meat.......


or made bacon so bloody tasty
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love a good steak! cant beat bacon either. I have a bacon kabab sometimes for lunch. Gorgeous. couldn't go veggie i need my meat.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all animals take part of a universal consciousness there's an argument for their humane treatment.

But we are biologically required to consume them.

Therefore, to meet the needs of both the above it follows that their deaths should be made as painless and un-traumatic as possible.

Then we can have our bacon and eat it too. Thumbs Up
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at human dentistry. We are obliged to eat them with teeth like we have. Thumbs Up
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

For every animal you refuse to eat, I shall eat two!

Smile
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:20 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Re: So who likes the meat? Reply with quote

mr_fisty wrote:
After a bit of an argument in asda with a vegan woman, she wanted to know if i felt bad for wearing a cows skin.


Were you wearing bike leathers or was it aimed at shoes etc?

Either way - cheeky bint
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Re: So who likes the meat? Reply with quote

mr_fisty wrote:
she wanted to know if i felt bad for wearing a cows skin.


People like that receive my standard answer of "Would you rather the cow was not ever born or that it lived a full and interesting life cared for, ready to serve a useful purpose when it dies?"

and

"Are you an organ donor? Because if it's wrong to wear animal skin to save one's own then surely it's also wrong to use a human's organ?"
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like a bbq you should be shot.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Re: So who likes the meat? Reply with quote

Annabella wrote:


"Are you an organ donor? Because if it's wrong to wear animal skin to save one's own then surely it's also wrong to use a human's organ?"


But humans are not killed for their organs. I think eating meat is barbaric! Shit . . . . .































Gotta go, me steak & kidney pie is ready. Mr. Green
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate those kind of gobby types. Ive not got a problem with veggies/vegans, ive co-lived with some and some of my mates are veggie/vegan, I respect their decision not to eat meat/use animal products etc and they dont care that I do. Yeah eating meat can be viewed as barbaric, but thats nature. Doesnt make me any less of a person than they are because i decide to eat what nature intended me to eat.

It's only an issue because they are making it an issue, ethics is man made and can be interpreted in many ways, nature on the other hand has no rules and is often brutal. Which will live longer?
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:35 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:
For every animal you refuse to eat, I shall eat two!

Smile


https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/super_jo/antiveggie.jpg

Laughing

I absolutely love eating meat (no crude jokes thank you!)

Steak, roasts, chops, kebabs, stews, fry-ups, crispy duck, jumbo hot dogs, meat sarnies, fried chicken, meat pies, mince, meaty pizzas, meat curries, meat meat MEAT!!!

If I couldn't eat them, I probably wouldn't bother eating at all.

I respect vegetarian's/vegan's choice, but I can't be doing with arrogant militant veggies.

That woman that bothered you in ASDA should've got a slap round the mush with a drippy veal steak.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.z
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't eat them they'd all over the fecking place!
____________________
>RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

growler
Traffic Copper



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat meat of every sort FFS I have just come back from Kenya where I had Zebra, Hippo and Impala kebabs

Couldn't do without my BBQ

The only thing I don't like is to see animals slaughtered for just their skins
If your going to kill an animal you should use as much of it as possible as respect for the life of the animal

Shocked wow that sounded deep man Eh?
____________________
DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.z wrote:
If we didn't eat them they'd all over the fecking place!


Laughing

One of my colleagues once wrote a brilliant (evidence-based) report on 'What the countryside would be like if everyone stopped eating meat' (it was a question referred to our dept from a student - he near enough wrote a dissertation for her!!!)

Basically it would be nothing like we know, and bloody horrible too. Wish I'd saved a copy, it was a few years ago now.

Growler wrote:
If your going to kill an animal you should use as much of it as possible as respect for the life of the animal

Hoof ashtrays FTW!!! Thumbs Up Mr. Green
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:59 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in the que at asda, she was stood behind me and said "do you not feel guilty wearing a cows carcas"
I was wearing full leathers, leather gloves, boots and using my leather wallet.
I explained to her that id rather the cows skin was ripped up if i ever fell off and not my own.
I also commented that i had cow inside me as id just had a burger for tea.
She went on to explain in great detail "how meat is murder"
I just smiled politely and nodded my head.

I have no problem with people on this planet believeng in different things (both my parents are veggie ffs) What i dont agree with is having peoples views shoved down my throat when im trying to pay for a 4 pack in asda!
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

strawberry
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as a vegan I think the woman was a cheeky git. I don't appreciate it when I get abuse or I'm preached at for my beliefs on the subject so I don't do that to others either (the odd piss-take aside of course > <).
____________________
"when i look down i just miss all the good stuff
when i look up i just trip over things"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:13 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn around and say "be quite you rudderless hippy", when she says meat is murder tell her "If meat is murder then I'm a serial killer". I bonus bag or karma if someone can tell me when both came from and who said it.

I really wish someone would say that to me, I really hate people who try to enforce there beliefs on you. I would have thrown bacon at it her.


Fuckin' Tree Huggers Thumbs Down
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yer antelope, kangaroo and crocodile burgers here...

https://www.keziefoods.co.uk/

Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

druidsam
Crazy Courier



Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:39 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Get yer antelope, kangaroo and crocodile burgers here...

https://www.keziefoods.co.uk/

Thumbs Up Mr. Green Thumbs Up


I've tried kangaroo and ostrich.The kangaroo was like eating old boots but the ostrich was tender and juicy and i wouldn't hesitate to eat it again given the opportunity



Sam
____________________
trust me! I'm a druid
https://www.bikerforum.co.uk/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

My response is to the pole although I eat anything so...

Why "vegeterian (but still eats fish)"?

Surely if a species exists and is conscious etc then it's an animal, so they're not quite veggy by eating it, To me, veggy means not contains or has any process with contact in any form with meat or it's production. Like a nut allergy, you wouldn't eat anything that spends any part f it's life affected by nuts(no puns or jokes thanks.) Why do people make these exceptions?
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a dinosaur Cool
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

strawberry
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:13 - 27 Sep 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:
Why "vegeterian (but still eats fish)"?
...
Why do people make these exceptions?


To make life difficult for people who actually *are* vegetarian/vegan.

I suppose they could also be people who are jumping on some trendy bandwagon too.

Either way, they're feckwits and I want to slap them repeatedly...
____________________
"when i look down i just miss all the good stuff
when i look up i just trip over things"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 18 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.17 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 138.05 Kb