Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Maggot in my eye...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Maggot in my eye... Reply with quote

I was walking home from work today, and encountered a group of 'midgey' type things flying in a cloud. They were bigger than midgies though... but I am brave. I walked on through them Shocked

Anyway.. one flew straight into my right eye. God damn it hurt!! Crying or Very sad
I tried to fish said fly thing out but it went down into the below eyelid 'thing' Surprised
It hurt like crazy, stung, and my eye went red. Could feel it there. But no matter what I did it stayed put.

So, went on home about 3 hours later, I felt a largeish bulge in the corner of my eye. And what did I find?....
A yellowy/creamy coloured MAGGOT!!! Exclamation Sick
With a little black head Confused Shocked Neutral

Do flies have maggots inside all of the time waiting to come out?
Everyone I have asked says no and seems totally repulsed at them fact and I am lying

I tried to take a photo, but it's a bit tricky
Am I going to need putting down?

JO xx
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shay HTFC
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick Sick Sick
That was a waste of a good dinner down the toilet! Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it.

Worry about the other fifty or so waiting to hatch when you go to sleep tonight... Wink
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazza wrote:
Don't worry about it.

Worry about the other fifty or so waiting to hatch when you go to sleep tonight... Wink


Oh
My
God Exclamation

That is what my OH is telling me Sick

That they will eat my brain

It won't happen
Surely

Will it?....

Rolling Eyes
Shocked Crying or Very sad
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping by now you've been to A&E...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flies lay eggs, eggs hatch after "a few days" maggots emerge . . . then feed. That either was what went into your eye today and not a fly or your infested!!! Shocked Sick

If your not sure, nip to the doctors and ask where it may have come from. But flies don't give birth to live maggots.

Reminds me of this . . . Exclamation NOT FOR THE SQUEEMISH Exclamation

Sick Sick
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
I'm hoping by now you've been to A&E...


No...
why?

Shocked

I don't get how a fly can turn to a big dirty maggot in a couple of hours Question

Not dangerous is it?
It's just a lil slimy maggot

Yes?

Confused
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get your eye checked out for infection and/or further maggots*, at the end of the day I'd have gone but then I nearly lost an eye through a twat with a piece of oak, so I'm a bit stern where eyes come in to things...

*Also to rule out it's not wood worm... Whistle
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a maggot in my opinion. I have had various bugs etc in my eye (from cycling), and that looks to me as if not all of the midge came out when you rubbed it out. The eye can then make a discharge which clumps round the foreign body, which then comes out. It looks exactly like the pic you have.

A bit like a grain of sand in an oyster, only worth fuck all.

IMHO I don't think its feasible that a maggot could develop so quickly.

Disclaimer:
I have no formal medical training whatsoever. I can in no way be held responsible when your eye bursts in a boiling clump of thousands of writhing maggots, who then burrow into your skull and devour your brain.

I also have no biological knowledge at all. For all I know maggots could develop in a few minutes. But then again, its not my eye.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Duckyboos
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: What's worse than finding a maggot in your eye...

A: Sick

Hopefully that's just what flew into your eye, but it'd still be worth a trip to the eye clinic... eyes infections can be nasty and dangerous... better safe than sorry Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duckyboos wrote:
Q: What's worse than finding a maggot in your eye...



Eye eye or Japs eye?...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
Not a maggot in my opinion. I have had various bugs etc in my eye (from cycling), and that looks to me as if not all of the midge came out when you rubbed it out. The eye can then make a discharge which clumps round the foreign body, which then comes out. It looks exactly like the pic you have.


I was dubious at first, but it is definetely a maggot type thing, ie... something that was one wriggling and alive!!

It was yellowey/creamy, ribbed, thin at the 'bum' end, and at the other end, it was round with a totally black bit, which I am guessing is the head 'thing' *shudder* Shocked

I thought it was a big ball of scum for abit, until I unravelled it and took a closer look...as did OH

It is sat here now, on a piece of paper. Looking at me in its dead state

I kind of feel bad for it
God knows how it ended up in my eye

JO x
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 08 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the 'EW!' rating when you need it?!?!?! Sick
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:24 - 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the body of the fly, it probably lost it's wings when you rubbed your eye. Therefore with no wings it looks like a maggot.

It's gross when you get a big fat fly explode on your visor and you can see all the eggs splatted around the impact zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LUXY DJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:58 - 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

niiiiice Neutral Laughing

it does look like a maggot, but size is tiny, but i spose tiny flies have tiny maggots

i remember years ago a tree that over hung a bus stop & as my mate & me where waiting there, we noticed this thing hanging & on closer inspection it was a maggot thing on the end of a web type line, like it was hanging down waiting on a `new home` Surprised

the when we realised wtf it was (it was wiggling) we brushed hair like mad & also noticed a few others aswell


IMO, if you got the thing out, then anything left in there will just wash out Thumbs Up
____________________
GSXR750
(FAR FAR from standard) www.gixerjunkies.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:52 - 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

JodieWodie wrote:

That is what my OH is telling me Sick

That they will eat my brain

It won't happen
Surely

Will it?....


No, they won't eat your brain.








They'll be too full after eating your eye.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggots only eat dead flesh, they use them in hospitals to clean out wounds.

It must be true, I saw it on My Name is Earl.

Unless it was a mini botfly. In which case it will eat your brain, maybe.

https://www.davesgonemental.com/giving-birth-to-a-baby-botfly/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bot_fly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 09 Oct 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Maggots only eat dead flesh, they use them in hospitals to clean out wounds.

It must be true, I saw it on My Name is Earl.

Unless it was a mini botfly. In which case it will eat your brain, maybe.

https://www.davesgonemental.com/giving-birth-to-a-baby-botfly/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bot_fly


From wiki

...They do not kill the host animal, and thus are true parasites (though some species of rodent-infesting botflies do consume the host's testes).

Jesus Christ on a bike!! Shocked One can only hope they don't develop a taste for humans.
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 102.52 Kb