|
|
| Author |
Message |
| cc123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cc123 Geez a joab?

Joined: 17 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:19 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: Advise - Company car insurance related |
 |
|
I had a bump in my company car about 6 weeks ago, my foot slipped off the clutch and the car jumped forward into the car in front....
The damage was minimal, the screw that holds on the reg plate pierced the bumper of the car in front.
I filled out a company insurance form as did the woman I hit, now I've since handed my notice in and I'm leaving today then they hit me with this p1ss....
I've to fit the bill, £100 for a tiny hole. Fleet manager says that the company excess is too high and they won't pay the bill. Where does that leave me, surely they can't dock my wages, thats illegal right? They expect me to swan up to the repair centre and shell out £100 to pay for it. Fair do's I'm in the wrong as I had the bump but whats the point of company insurance if they won't pay out....
Where do I stand? Can I just ignore the bill and let the company pick the pieces up? £100 when I'm already skint this month due to a wad of house hol appliances and my GF's car deciding to go tits up is not on.... ____________________ Old bikes >>> https://www.bikepics.com/members/cc123/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:48 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
It would normally be standard in a contract of employment or company car agreement that if you have a company car you are responsible to pay the excess if you have an accident that is your fault.
If the repair bill is less than the excess then yes I think it's entirely reasonable to ask you to pay it. Why should your company foot the bill for your poor driving? ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cc123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cc123 Geez a joab?

Joined: 17 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:31 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
It is also for personal use, I just don't see the point in having insurance if they expect me to pay it....
I've checked my contact and it doesn't state paying any excess or paying to fit the bill in an accident. I could fix the womans car myself the damage is that minor but £100 is taking the piss. ____________________ Old bikes >>> https://www.bikepics.com/members/cc123/ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trevoriv |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trevoriv World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 12 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it's not in your contract about drivers paying the excess or bill if less than the excess on the fleet insurance then i'd also check your contract to see about how leaving the company affects any claim, there may be something in there about if you leave within 12 months of having a claim in the company car than you have to pay the excess or cost of the claim if the total amount is less than the excess.
If there is nothing at all in your contract relating to this then i would tell them that and tell them to go and do one  ____________________ Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ichy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ichy World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trevoriv |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trevoriv World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| garyd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 garyd Brolly Dolly

Joined: 09 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:35 - 14 Oct 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
All these replies are correct,i said the same thing "if your insured ,why do i pay"if you can get your pay before this is settled and deducted from your wages ................... thay will prob still chase you for it though |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ghost |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ghost Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 28 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 361 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|