Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cop 'chase' programs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

P_J
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:30 - 24 Nov 2003    Post subject: Cop 'chase' programs Reply with quote

Do these programs anoy the hell out of anyone else or is it just me?

"Now, this criminal is no match for the police ..."

"This impatient driver tried to dive down the hard shoulder..." NO HE DIDNT, if you look closely to your own footage you useless bastard, you will see that he was driving maybe to close to the car in front, braked hard, steared onto the hard shoulder and then stopped! The guy is skidding before he hits the shoulder.

They constantly try to make out that EVERY move is wrong and "Should only be carried out by trained professionals" *Cough*Bollox

Some of them are maybe a little informative, but most are just American drivel about how 'great' there police force are.
[/rant]

PJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

manic
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:36 - 24 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first couple of "Police! Stop!" video's were quite entertaining back in 1943, but it's been done to death now. I don't even bother watching them anymore, because if you've seen one, you've seen them all IMO.
Please tell the makers to find something new to do. Rolling Eyes
Just my opinion of course.

"Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:40 - 24 Nov 2003    Post subject: Re: Cop 'chase' programs Reply with quote

I could go on for ages about these.....

"This car thief isn't even using indicators"
"This car thief is so stupid he's using his indicators"

"Travelling at speeds in excess of X miles an hour on the wrong side of the road"
So it's dangerous for this driver to do it, but not the line of 6 cop cars following him then?

(American shows) "Travelling at 80mph on the freeway"
OMG! Obviously a psychopathic mass murderer then!

The best advice I've heard on there was from some 'mercan show...
"As the pursuit is proceeding into a highly populated area the officer made a judgement call to call off the chase because he deemed it to be too dangerous"
So if I wanna get away from the police I just endanger the public? Cheers mate.

The british shows don't tend to be quite so bad and at least don't show every clip 10 times at different speeds of slow motion.

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 01:34 - 24 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There is some US ex sheriff who does some of the voice overs who is really annoying. Not surprised he is an ex sheriff if he is that unable to drive.

All the best

Keith

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 14:38 - 24 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching one last night (don't ask me why, cos I've no idea) - in one of the clips the cops wouldn't chase into the next city so if they'd of got inot the city they'd of got away with it. How stupid?

And in another one the narrator was saying how the driver didn't care who he hurt cos he almost ran into a cyclist. Except that you could quite plainly see the car braked and swerved to avoid the cyclist. Rolling Eyes

Will
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:06 - 25 Nov 2003    Post subject: Re: Cop 'chase' programs Reply with quote

[quote="G"]The best advice I've heard on there was from some 'mercan show...
"As the pursuit is proceeding into a highly populated area the officer made a judgement call to call off the chase because he deemed it to be too dangerous"
So if I wanna get away from the police I just endanger the public? Cheers mate.[/quote]

LOL Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

satan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:53 - 26 Nov 2003    Post subject: there well overdone its alwys on ch 5 f Reply with quote

i bought sky for a change in viewing but instaed i fekll upon the american crap Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 08:05 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every once in a while you'lsee some guy on a bike just haul ass & loose the cops but they usually don't show chases where the guy gets away. That happens quite a lot, done it at least 10 times meself, twice on the same road within a week.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 08:12 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
I was watching one last night (don't ask me why, cos I've no idea) - in one of the clips the cops wouldn't chase into the next city so if they'd of got inot the city they'd of got away with it. How stupid?

It's demarcation and jurisdiction mate. You can't (for example) get Leeds police coming to arrest me, even if i've commited a crime in Leeds, because i'm not currently in leeds. As soon as i leave Leeds and come over to Sheffield, it's Sheffield's police's problem.

The same applies to international law, hence all this extradition business. I wonder how all the countries in the EU deal with that sort of thing.

As far as i know though, that criminal would NOT have got away with it, because as soon as e re-entered the city he commited the crime in, he'd be liable to arrest.

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie

PostPosted: 10:50 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you think if Leeds police were chasing you they'd suddenly give up half way through if you happened to cross the force boundry?

Scotty
Scooter Boi

PostPosted: 11:03 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there not internation laws that stop people gonig through to different countries now.
Well applicable countries any way that have joined it.

To stop this whole you can get away with it if you make it to the border...

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 11:12 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

McJamweasel wrote:
And you think if Leeds police were chasing you they'd suddenly give up half way through if you happened to cross the force boundry?

Yes.

If you watch these programs often enough you'll see that they would have the Sheffield police there to rendevous with me.

Unless South Yorkshire police covers all of south yorkshire?

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 12:11 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
Are there not internation laws that stop people gonig through to different countries now.
Well applicable countries any way that have joined it.

To stop this whole you can get away with it if you make it to the border...
Yes there are, they even have a special name which I can't remember. But anyway the UK has these agreements with most western countries so if you flee to Germany for example and if the crime is serious enough the UK and German police will both try and catch you. However, if you flee to somewhere like Brazil which has no such contracts with the UK they can't chase you eg. that train robber guy.
Afaik the UK Police will chase you over county borders for speeding etc..

ZRX61, if you run from the police on a bike you have to be sure they don't have you no. plate on camera and how can you be sure?

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 12:14 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think they have to rendevous with that county's police.

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School

PostPosted: 12:17 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
Probably but thats not hard.

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore

PostPosted: 12:21 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way i'd rather get shouted at for doing a wheelie than get laughed at for failing to Laughing .

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 13:13 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:

Hi

They certainly can follow you over the border. They merely are meant to radio in to inform the control room that they are in another police area.

All the best

Keith

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 20:57 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny wrote:

ZRX61, if you run from the police on a bike you have to be sure they don't have you no. plate on camera and how can you be sure?

Because if they have your plate number they just drive to your house & wait for you to come home.

The only time I've ever had them turn up at my house was about 5 years ago when I didn't realise they were chasing me. The dipshit forgot to turn the lights on so I wasn't guilty of *evading*. I had been looking behnd me but they were over a mile back at one point, I thought it was just some ordinary car. They never got me on radar but the only point they got close they estimated my speed at 70mph+ in a 50 & they said they'd heard me knock it down 2 gears for the corner.
I'd apparently woke them up from a nap when I'd blasted past the local bowling alley car park at 1am doing about a buck 20.
Even tho they *chased* me for 4 miles they let me off with a 20 minute lecture that ended with "Slow the fuck down in future, keep a low profile for a few weeks & now go sleep it off".
Sheriffs Dept are cool about speeding, CHP are pricks.

Sometimes they think about chasing & then realise it's futile. Passed one doing 120 one night, looked in the mirror saw his brakes lights come on followed by the christmas lights. Wicked it up to 140 & never saw em again. I think they gave up before they even did a u turn. Smile
Got the bike in the drive way & parked behind one of my cars, didn't want to open the garage door as the light would come on so I called the mrs from outside, asked her to go to the garage, disable the light & then open the door.
Got a minor bollocking from her when she walked outside to see me hiding behind a car, but the Dibble never showed up Smile

djr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 27 Nov 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

p_j wrote:
Some of them are maybe a little informative, but most are just American drivel about how 'great' there police force are.
Are the american forces not told, here's a car, that's the car your chasing, now go ram that fukker off the road?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 194 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1