Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Pain in chest...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Yoko
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:44 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Pain in chest... Reply with quote

Saturday night went out drinking with some friends, got in about 3am and went to bed. Wasnt that drunk (I mean the room wasnt spinning Laughing )

Woke up at 4am with really bad chest pains, If a breathed in I got a really sharp stabbing pain in my shoulder/chest area which ran down to the centre of my chest... I could only take really short breaths because of the pain so got up and took some ibuprofen and passed out.

Woke up in the morning and shoulder/chest felt sore if I took really deep breath but other than that felt ok.

Rode up to waves and went to the movies, then 2am and I get the same treatment, this is now starting to get me a little worried. I cant breathe properly and I'm in a fair bit of pain. Take 3 ibuprofen and an hour later the pain is still pretty bad. I cant lay down in bed as it hurts too much, sitting in bed is only a little better so I opt to stand... for an hour... By now I'm starting to think I need the hospital. Pass out again and wake up at 7am again with this pain.

Take more ibuprofen and manage to sleep for an hour. I'm then fine (If I dont breathe in too much) until mid afternoon... and guess what... the pain is back. This time I take some co-codamol which seems to do the trick after an hour or so.

Rode home from waves and decided to go stright to the local hospital as its starting to hurt more. Get there and explain whats happened. Get put on an ECG and have my obs. taken. By now the pain really kicks in and I'm thinking good, the Dr will see that and know how to fix me. He suggests I may have a punctured lung! So sends me for an X-Ray. Comes back clear, so he says, well its not a punctured lung or phenomia and says its "just one of those things". Nice so he gives me some happy pills (paracetamol & codeine) and now I'm back at home.

So I'm none the wiser as so why I'm in so much pain when I try to breathe in but at the moment its ok, wonder if I'll be wondering about in a few hours trying to work out how long ago I took the last lot of pain killers Rolling Eyes

The codine I took at the hospital is kicking in nicely now so think I'll make the most of it and have a sleep!
____________________
Sheep Shagger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:39 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you smoke? Combined with lack of sleep and/or hangover I sometimes get chest pains (but nowt serious).

You've possibly trapped a nerve near your shoulder, which would explain why the ibuprofen has helped.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:08 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres re assuring when a Dr says struggling to breath is "just one of those things"

I have a few oddities like that, i just assumed I have knackered myself and this is what growing old is about. I sometimes get pain in my index finger, trouble breathing (but not as bad as you by the sound of it) blurry vision. Clunking of my ankle and elbow not a click it feels almost like scraping and grating, lower back pain.

I've on the bodily equilivent to a lifan and I'm only 20. Shocked
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoko
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont smoke and am normally fit and healthy. I'm 22 years old.

I can understand something hurting for a reason, but 'one of those things' makes it quite frustrating, specially when you cant sleep, cant lay down and most of all is actually quite painful and not just some dull ache like a head ache or stomach ache, also when it comes on for no reason, I've not fallen over or bashed my self.

If I'm still like this tomorrow I'll need to see the Dr, probably to be fobbed off again.

I woke up several times last night and just had to sit up in bed for an hour or so and wait for it to go away. I've woken up again now and its painful but not too bad I'll just have to take some ibuprofen or something.

Argh so damn annoying!!! Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Sheep Shagger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoko
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yea a few people have suggested it could be that, but I didnt see the connection between trapping a nerve and finding it painfull to breathe.

I just need a naked lady to bring me grapes & water... Very Happy
____________________
Sheep Shagger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a trapped nerve I would recommend going to see a chiropractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:13 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that's when you should go see a practitioner Wink They'll click the nerve out there and then. Most peoples necks and spines suffer from being misaligned and as we get older we just accept it, but its not that we're prone, its that the misalignment has made you prone.

Saying that, I'm very lucky at the minute as my chiropractor costs £10 a session. When the treatments finished I'll post the before and after Xrays to show the difference in posture it makes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've had my base of spine go at the sink in the morning and collapsed helpless to the floor.


Been there and suffered that. Had it go so bad I've just lay on the floor with by arching in spasms every 10 seconds or so in mortal agony.

Its such a common problem that chiropractice and other types of therapy would save the NHS a fortune in the long run.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigie b
Citizen Smith



Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same, have 5 years worth of disk damage from Kickboxing, training with the 4 Para, running long distance (my knee is fucking on its way out now Rolling Eyes ).

The guys says the same to me, it will never stay permanently however once he has fixed it, it can be maintained which is better than I currently have. The only other option would be to become idle but the thought of that fills me with dread Laughing .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fortuna
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 12 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was something serious like a heart problem you'd really know about it so don't worry unnessicarily.
Although angina produces the symptoms you have if the doctor says it's all ok then I'd go with a trapped nerve.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 336 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 4.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.7 Kb