Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Saw the damn gritter out...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Yoko
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Saw the damn gritter out... Reply with quote

Out for a run and I see the gritter doing its rounds Sad what's worse is running back to the house I see my roads been gritted too and my bike is parked out on the road - Bollocks.
____________________
Sheep Shagger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm surprised it was out, it got down to -4 here last night. We'd all be moaning if they hadn't gritted and there was a bad freeze Confused
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Yoko
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:16 - 15 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea seeing the gritter is inevitable, just seeing it ticks one more box of saying its gonna get a lot colder!

Plus I washed the bike at the weekend & wasnt able to put any FS365 on as I'd run out. I now have a bottle sat on the shelf next to me that I wish I'd put on yesterday Laughing

Sods law aint it.
____________________
Sheep Shagger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:10 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen one every day this week so far but people are still driving like numpties . . . .

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/DSC00362.jpg

Rolling Eyes
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:13 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a claim! Laughing
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
steveh This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:18 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ridden to the hospital and back and saw 2 serious accidents in 10 miles.

Take it easy kiddies

T
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:46 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus I washed the bike at the weekend


Yea yea lil boy. Everytime I see the bike it needed a dam good wash Laughing Least I know when I fly past your n'hood its gonna be frozen Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever get stuck behind a gritter lorry! Twisted Evil
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:28 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one last Saturday. There were 3 out within a mile of each other last night. Laughing
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one wednesday night. Could hear all the grit pinging off my push bike on the ride home. I wonder if I should change from my slicks I have on it at the moment. Laughing . It'll be reet.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveh wrote:
i was out with a few mates, pulled up next to one and gave him the finger.


no idea why, was funny at the time, im not all that botherd tbh, dont mind abit of slip and slide Very Happy


Rolling Eyes
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:11 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveh wrote:
i was out with a few mates, pulled up next to one and gave him the finger.


You gave someone the finger for doing their job? Don't be such a cunt next time Thumbs Down
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont see em here that often. I dont think gritting the roads is high up on the councils list here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steveh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 16 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

quacker_boy wrote:
steveh wrote:
i was out with a few mates, pulled up next to one and gave him the finger.


You gave someone the finger for doing their job? Don't be such a cunt next time Thumbs Down



aye, but at the time it was funny, he prolly knew and thought "i know, im sorry"

well i hope he did, BAD gritter man.
____________________
Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jamie.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 17 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen a gritter last week, Luckily I was in a car as the grit/salt was flicking up everywhere, Easily at helmet height.
I remember getting salt in my eye last year, It burned for a few hours at least! Just thought I should alert the people of BCF.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 93.58 Kb