Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The random case of the lunatic

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

On my way to work this morning, I stopped to let an oncoming car past a row of parked cars. There was then much blasting of a car horn behind me. Quick check in my mirrors revealed a middle-aged woman driver and younger male passenger gesticulating wildly giving me the finger and so on.

Slightly confused and a little bit annoyed I put the bike in neutral, got off and walked back towards the passenger door. The man got out and I asked him what the problem was? He mumbled something about me stopping and again I asked what the problem was.

Anything else he might have been sheepishly muttering was drowned out by the driver kicking out at the interior of her car and screeching that she didn't have time for this.

I took a step back walked back to the bike and carried on my way.

Admittedly, not the most interesting story - no fighting, I didn't have her wing mirror away - I'm just still a bit puzzled as to why she was so upset?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:17 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were totally in the right. She must have been in a hurry, thats so annoying when your late and you get some dozy bint in front of you that lets everyone out and drives really slow. Laughing Very annoying when that happens, funny when you look back at it, and realise what a twat you were.
____________________
follow my racing season
Race bike - R6
Road bike - sv650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best one I had was when my brother was on L Plates on his NSR125 and I had my 1000EXUP. Cool

We where riding along Blackpool Road in Preston towards Machine Mart for those that know it.

Anyway one of our asian friends was right up my brothers arse in his shitty Cavalier even though his nsr was easily capable of the 30 speed limit at the time. Twisted Evil

So i took over as my bro had only been riding for a few months and got in between.

On an EXUP doing 10mph and keeping a Cavalier behind isn't hard Laughing

In the end we ended up at a set of light's that always ques up on a Saturday afternoon, so I parked my bike up at the side of the road and walked up to the car and stuck my head into the passenger window and asked the driver what his problem was. Laughing

At this point the passanger was nearly climbing into the back seat.

The driver started going on about reporting me for dangerous driving so I pulled open his glove box and handed him a piece of paper from it and told him my reg no.

Strangely enough I never heard anything from it. Cool
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ben.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:35 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
the best one I had was when my brother was on L Plates on his NSR125 and I had my 1000EXUP. Cool

We where riding along Blackpool Road in Preston towards Machine Mart for those that know it.

Anyway one of our asian friends was right up my brothers arse in his shitty Cavalier even though his nsr was easily capable of the 30 speed limit at the time. Twisted Evil

So i took over as my bro had only been riding for a few months and got in between.

On an EXUP doing 10mph and keeping a Cavalier behind isn't hard Laughing

In the end we ended up at a set of light's that always ques up on a Saturday afternoon, so I parked my bike up at the side of the road and walked up to the car and stuck my head into the passenger window and asked the driver what his problem was. Laughing

At this point the passanger was nearly climbing into the back seat.

The driver started going on about reporting me for dangerous driving so I pulled open his glove box and handed him a piece of paper from it and told him my reg no.

Strangely enough I never heard anything from it. Cool


lucky there was paper in there, extra cool points Thumbs Up
____________________
follow my racing season
Race bike - R6
Road bike - sv650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
Strangely enough I never heard anything from it. Cool


You don't mean that they were hard men in their car, but started bricking it when you confronted them do you? Laughing

Again gixxermick, you were absolutely correct in your actions. If they were being unduly held up they could have waited for an appropriate moment and overtook him safely.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm just still a bit puzzled as to why she was so upset?



She was in Labour Wink
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

rhone81 wrote:
On my way to work this morning, I stopped to let an oncoming car past a row of parked cars.


Just wondering, were the cars on your side of the road or the other?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a similar thing today riding back from canterbury, some idiot in a renault espace stopping on the main road to let people out of side roads. First set of traffic lights and I passed him and the half dozen cars that he'd let out up til then.

I can understand stopping to let the odd one or two out but that guy took the piss and basically stopped on the main road just to let people out when he could have carried on in traffic. Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 10 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:

We where riding along Blackpool Road in Preston towards Machine Mart for those that know it.


Almost got side-swiped on that road, I was filtering between the 2 lanes at the Machine Mart when someone decided to change lane without indicating... while I was at the driver's door. He was lucky the bar end didn't smash the window, it made one hell of a bang!
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:09 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
Just wondering, were the cars on your side of the road or the other?

The parked cars were on other side of road.

Flipk wrote:
some idiot in a renault espace stopping on the main road to let people out of side roads.

Irresponsible display of courtesy. You should have dragged him from his car and beat him until he promised to be an ignoramus in the future!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:15 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Irresponsible display of courtesy. You should have dragged him from his car and beat him until he promised to be an ignoramus in the future!


That would actually be bloody hilarious pulling the driver out of a car and going all lock stock on his arse smashing his head in the door whilst shouting "Dont Be So Fucking Courtious" at him...

Laughing
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipk wrote:

That would actually be bloody hilarious pulling the driver out of a car and going all lock stock on his arse smashing his head in the door whilst shouting "Dont Be So Fucking Courtious" at him...

Laughing


Mr. Green PMSL at the thought. Just think where we would end up...

"Don't dare hold that effin' door open for me!"
"Who you smiling at?!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwaker6r wrote:
Quote:
I'm just still a bit puzzled as to why she was so upset?



She was in Labour Wink


I would be upset at the moment if I was in Labour with all that fiddling going on and the wars and the NHS and the taxes and the country and the immigration and the prisons and the Police force.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

rhone81 wrote:
Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
Just wondering, were the cars on your side of the road or the other?

The parked cars were on other side of road.


In which case I have to agree with the person behind you. I would have been fucked off if you stopped to let someone pass an obstruction in their lane when my lane was clear.

The only time it is acceptable to do this is when a heavy goods vehicle/bus is travelling up a hill with an obstruction on their side - then you should yeild to prevent them from having to do a hill start etc.

Unless, of course, the oncoming car had already began making its way round the parked cars, and there was not enough room to squeeze past, which I would have thought there woudl have been since you were on your bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
The only time it is acceptable to do this is when a heavy goods vehicle/bus is travelling up a hill with an obstruction on their side - then you should yeild to prevent them from having to do a hill start etc.


It's also acceptable if you are in a slow moving queue. It makes no difference to you (or the people behind) if you are waiting 20' further behind where you could be, but it may make the world of difference to the person you just let get past their obstruction.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yups, would agree, although I don't think that this incident was either one of those situations...unless we are told otherwise...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

TheShaggyDA wrote:

It's also acceptable if you are in a slow moving queue. It makes no difference to you (or the people behind) if you are waiting 20' further behind where you could be, but it may make the world of difference to the person you just let get past their obstruction.


do they not have traffic lights where you live ?

where i live, a slight hold up can mean getting to the lights just as they turn red and having to stop for a few minutes

there is no place for courtesy on my commute
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:03 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Re: The random case of the lunatic Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
do they not have traffic lights where you live ?


They do. They also have T junctions at which I need to turn right, at which absolutely nobody lets you out and you can be waiting for up to 10 minutes. Letting someone past a bloackage on their side can help clear the gridlock up at the junction.

But you carry on in your own world.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear we're getting into getting into semantics,but the road in question is a residential street with on street parking for flats and terraced houses. As such there are always cars parked on the road and to make progress at times requires a bit of give and take.

The incident occurred about 100yds from the junction with a main road and as such there was a bit of a queue. I was already stopped as a people carrier in front had let a car past and then it was let through by an oncoming car that had stopped. For the extra five seconds on my journey I waved the driver through and was preparing to move off when the woman behind me kicked off.

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
I would have been fucked off if you stopped to let someone pass an obstruction

And if you started giving me the finger I would have asked you what the problem was.

The woman wouldn't have known why I stopped - a child, or god forbid a kitten, could have stepped out in front of me.

colin1 wrote:
there is no place for courtesy on my commute

Brick Wall
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since we have got into it, this sounds like the situation Shaggy described, in which case I have to agree with you, and would have most likely done the same thing. No point in me moving 20yrds down the road and stopping someone from getting on with their journey when I can just wait for a few secs.

No excuse for her passenger to give you the finger either.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rhone81
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to get into a "he said, she said" argument. I merely wanted to point out that I didn't feel I should be verbally abused for displaying what I perceived to be good manners.

If you have seen that TV advert where the kid has a tantrum and then the mum responds with a tantrum of her own, I kid you not this woman behind me was a carbon copy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.13 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 119.72 Kb