Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Things you suddenly are reminded of from your childhood

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ken
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Things you suddenly are reminded of from your childhood Reply with quote

for me it's windy days when it's the concor season, always remember going to "the concor tree" and taking spa bags and collecting as many as I could carry, and play against mates and me brother Laughing

Also certain shades of yellow as I used to have a pedal car that I loved in that colour... but the bigger boys took it of me and threw it in the electric station compound... stewards
Twisted Evil
What brings back memories for you?


https://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml02/02104a.jpg
____________________
latest bike 03 R1 in zee red and black
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:41 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn leaves on the ground!
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razzle.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas songs. Im only 19, but my "youth" seems so long ago now Sad

I miss lookin forward to christmas with that excitement in the air. Thats what being a kid was about for me Thumbs Up

Family memories, ACTUAL good snow in north east england (Hull) and going sledding.

Awwww, im feeling proper sentimental now. Twats!
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:39 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certain smells take me back quicker than any imagery I think.
I can catch a smell of something and it will take me to a time and place from my childhood, sometimes I get goose bumps.

Other kids playing reminds me of days gone by..…I saw some the other day walking to my sisters flat.
The little girl was riding a push along car, she drove into the small boys legs quite hard.
Girl - “You have to move!” (reaching to push him)
Boy – “No!”
Girl – “I hate you”

Awww, that takes me back.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fry's Orange creams.

Used to get one once in a blue moon after tea. I think its more memorable because it was a rare occurence.

Wham, Duran Duran and The Frog Chorus also figure...
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smell of fresh cut grass, and honeysuckle Embarassed
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Certain smells take me back quicker than any imagery I think.


For sure, the smell of melting tarmac brings back memories of the summer 1988, which was spent making damns, jumping in streams, trying not to stick to the road outside my parents' house as it melted, and chasing the ice cream van on push bikes... that was the summer Ashley fell out of the willow tree we used to hang around in (literally, like monkeys) into a big patch of nettles when we got shot at by the farmer and we had to pratically carry him home because he was crying so much.

Ah, those were the days.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been shot at by a farmer to!

Ah, memory lane.... Very Happy
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
The smell of fresh cut grass, and honeysuckle Embarassed


Oh wet paving slabs! Haven't smelled that smell in ages. They don't use them any more for pathways...

Creamola foam and chocolate custard, (although not in the same container... Laughing ) I think they stopped making both now... Crying or Very sad
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd214/PRNI_2007/cremolafoam009-1.jpg
this stuff.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JodieWodie
Reflective Banana



Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Soda Streams. The clunking and fizzing... 2 hours work for a slightly gazzy bottle of watery stuff
Arrow A roll of sticking plaster. Not the waterproof sort. The stretchy one that looks like it's made of material. The smell of it and everything, (was always falling over and hurting my knees). Many a time I sat on the kitchen table, while my Mum or Dad bandaged up another future scab Thumbs Up Ripe for the picking Laughing
Arrow Chalk. Reminds me of playing hop-scoth on the pavement outside my house
Arrow Oil of Cloves. Used on me by my Mum for toothaches. God knows why. Sitting in front of the fire, early hours of the morning, ofc on the tooth, holding a warmed cushion to the affected cheek to try and ease the pain
____________________
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Leggy_Girl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beano and Refresher Bars! Mr. Green

Does anyone remember those little bug toys with sticky feet, and if you put them at the top of a window they would wriggle they're way to the bottom? Those were so cool! Cheap at only 20p as well from those little capsule vender thingys Sun
____________________
"One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world." Siddhartha Gautama
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always will remember the rubber domes that you could get with crisps and you pushed them down and they jumped in the air.
Also POGS were the best, what a game Very Happy
Seems so long ago but it was only 5 years.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Childhood memories eh, well any time I see a tree I'm reminded of when I fell a good 10-15ft out of one just after eating a choccy bar, was concussed and threw the chocolate bar up on the way home. Embarassed

Brick walls, There used to be an alleyway across the road from my childhood home and I frequently used to walk along the brick walls in the alley, one day I tripped and split the bottom of my chin open.... I can still picture the doctors face in a&e stitching the bloody thing back up.... I screamed like a banshee... Embarassed

Wardrobes, 3 months after my chin had healed up from the above accident I scaled the behemoth wardrobe in my mums bedroom to get at something on top... The floor wasnt too even and the wardrobe came crashing down on top of me splitting my chin open for the second time... Embarassed

Honestly I used to be a walking accident.... thank god that phase has passed!!! Thumbs Up
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

aaron0288
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate crunch with chocolate source. Simply the best!

Also watching cartoons that were on when I was little.
____________________
Past bikes - 1991 NC30 - 1991 Bandit 400 - 1989 CBR400 NC23 - 1993 NC30 - 1991 ZXR400 L1 - 1993 NC30 - 2003 CBR600RR3 - 2003 Ducati 900SS - 2000 SP1 - 2013 899 Panigale
Current bikes - 2013 Street Triple R + 2006 R6 + 2003 SV1000S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Leggy_Girl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Also POGS were the best, what a game Very Happy


POGS! I worked so hard to complete my POGS collection, but i could never get enough 'shinys' Crying or Very sad

It's all coming back now...

- Sticker Albums (Gladiators and Aladdin Laughing)
- Those weird blue prize packets you wanted to find in your crisp packets soooo badly!
- Pokemon cards and anything to do with Pokemon

I want to be 10 again Sad
____________________
"One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world." Siddhartha Gautama
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ram_doom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggy_Girl wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:
Also POGS were the best, what a game Very Happy


POGS!


And do you remember "tazo's" Laughing I have a complete file of starwars ones Embarassed
____________________
TL1000s, KDX200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:02 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember tazos Very Happy
I remember they did some strange sqaure ones once that you could slot together, the movie Deep Impact gave me the inspiration to build the space ship out of tazos and 'the square ones'. It didn't resemble the space ship in anyway but it kept me entertained Laughing

Free things that came with crisps were the best Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Leggy_Girl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram_doom wrote:
And do you remember "tazo's" Laughing I have a complete file of starwars ones Embarassed


Yes i do remember those! I had a complete file of Taz ones, and i treasured it. I was obsessed with Taz as a kid. I don't know where it is now though? Maybe it's up in the attic... that's normally where i hoard my pointless stuff. I must put my 600 copies of Beano comics up there but as you can imagine, that lot combined is very heavy, so i've been lazy and not gotten around to it yet.

Anybody want to buy some Beano comics and annuals to save me a job? Very Happy lol

I was such a tom-boy. Still am i guess Cool
____________________
"One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world." Siddhartha Gautama
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is a weird thing for me.

The smell of Jam Sandwiches that have been wrapped in tin foil.

It seems to have a unique smell and taste, which makes them taste so much better.

Always reminds me of my first day at primary school.

I know, weird. Laughing
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

aaron0288
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:

It seems to have a unique smell and taste, which makes them taste so much better.



bit like easter eggs or calendar chocolate. the foil/plastic gives it that unique taste. lovely Very Happy
____________________
Past bikes - 1991 NC30 - 1991 Bandit 400 - 1989 CBR400 NC23 - 1993 NC30 - 1991 ZXR400 L1 - 1993 NC30 - 2003 CBR600RR3 - 2003 Ducati 900SS - 2000 SP1 - 2013 899 Panigale
Current bikes - 2013 Street Triple R + 2006 R6 + 2003 SV1000S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaron0288 wrote:


bit like easter eggs or calendar chocolate. the foil/plastic gives it that unique taste. lovely Very Happy

You are so right.

I think i'm going to wrap all food in tin foil.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 11 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beano comics is another one. I still have my first one somewhere. I remember getting it, it was 1998 and I was at swimming lessons and after I had finished my mum had a beano comic for me. It was black on the front and had stars on it (and obviously some characters)
I also remember that I folded the comic in half lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dawnkeebaws
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 12 Dec 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not childhood, but early youth was a time easily recalled.

You know what I'm saying guys.....you always had to smell your finger afterwards !

AHhH......I can smell it now !
____________________
Regards Spud
https://www.cluarankwai.org.uk
Hey, I'm up early for a alcoholic !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 133.85 Kb