|
|
| Author |
Message |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:37 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: Some bugger sitting on my bike! |
 |
|
Yo homies.
Anyway, right. On Wednesday morning I went out as usual to do the morning ride to work (I use that term loosely, I'm at work now but doing this instead.) When I got down to the bike I noticed it had been moved, I have a D Lock attached to a cable going round a lamp post. The spokes where jammed up against the lock, the RVM had been moved and the headlight had been switched off.
I immediatly thought 'bugger, they've come back and had another go at it' (Some shit tried to steal it a fortnight ago.)
I got home at about 10:30 last night, on the way up the stairs I passed an incredibly drunk Polish guy. I had all my gear on so he'd have known I was on a bike. I get up to the flat, look out the window and the shit is sitting on my bike fiddling with stuff!
We have a balcony of sorts, I raced to it (flat mate recumbant on couch) and began yelling out our 3rd floor sitting room window; 'Oi, would you mind terribly removing yourself from my bike?' Well, words to that effect...
After much grunting he 'rolled' off it and asked if it was for sale. It is for sale, being on the third floor I humoured him, (didn't want to rub him up the wrong way causing him to push it over or indeed: beat me up )
Not sure if its ok to rest your bones on someone elses wheels in Poland, fucking sure its not ok here though! Only upside, I was worried the people who'd had a go at nicking it had tried again, but it turns out to be a drunk emmigre, which while not exactly fine is definitely the lesser of the two evil.
No need to comment (although do feel free,) just sharing that wit' ya'll.
(But a definite to the Polish guy...) ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| b-f-c |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 b-f-c Traffic Copper

Joined: 06 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:50 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Once I'd seen him, rather than shouting from 3 floors up I'd have made my way down and had a quiet word with him face to face, pointing out the errors of his ways.
Had to do this before, but I lived 9 floors up then  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:52 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Put some drawing pins on the seat.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:31 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pay him to sit on it all night so that nobody can nick it
Everyones a winner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:09 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
| fjrat wrote: | Once I'd seen him, rather than shouting from 3 floors up I'd have made my way down and had a quiet word with him face to face, pointing out the errors of his ways.
Had to do this before, but I lived 9 floors up then  |
I thought about it, but wasn't sure if he'd still be there when I got down. Also, I would be the first to admit that I'm no boxer, I would rather avoid a fight with a drunk Pole, especially given there are so many in the block. (Although not necessarily all drunk...)
He was quite drunk and I doubt I'd have had any problems subduing him, but others looking on might take a different view plus; you know how folk can get with a drink...
The last thing I need is an on-going feud with the Polish Mafia.
In any case, some firm diplomacy from the balcony was enough in this instance, if he does it again I'll go down and underline my wishes face to face.
I was trying to explain to a friend why it was so out of order. I said it was like someone sitting in your car, he said 'thats not the same; the car would be locked, anyway; its not like he's doing any harm.' 'Ok' said I: 'Imagine someone wearing your slippers or sleeping on your side of the bed. That is what it's like!'
The bike felt... Odd this morning...  ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| b-f-c |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 b-f-c Traffic Copper

Joined: 06 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:28 - 14 Dec 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mudplug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mudplug Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 07 Dec 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|