|
|
| Author |
Message |
| carvell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 carvell Scuttler

Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:58 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: Ants |
 |
|
Right.
2 days ago I decided it would be a really good idea to buy an 'Antquarium' [1], "great!" I thought, "I can watch little ants crawl about and make tunnels and stuff!".
The 'Antquarium' arrived a couple of hours ago, I ripped open the packaging to reveal the Antquarium, in all its glory.
"Collect 15 ants from your garden" it read. So off I went into the garden with a head torch (it was dark..), a trowel and a small container. After much digging all I had managed to achieve was a trench you could fight a war out of and not one ant, NOT ONE!
So, I ask the all-knowing BCF (there's hope yet), where the hell do ants go in the winter, and how do i obtain them?!
I know the description says that there is a voucher which you can send off to get some ants, but:
1) I don't want to wait 28 days just for some bleeding ants.
2) I didn't get a voucher anyway.
[1] https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&product=ANTQUA ____________________ Yamaha TDM 850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jay |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Jay Nova Slayer

Joined: 23 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:01 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have you tried stamping on loose slabs in the garden, or even those little metal cover things on the pavements where the main water switch is.
Usually get loads out of places like that. Of course I only used to do stuff like this when I was a young boy.  ____________________ 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from
diarrhea.Does that mean the 5th one enjoys it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Susi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Susi Whitton Girl

Joined: 06 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The BeefMeister |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The BeefMeister Crazy Courier

Joined: 20 Jun 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mrs_Hippy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mrs_Hippy The Pink Lady

Joined: 07 Jul 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:23 - 19 Dec 2003 Post subject: Re: Ants |
 |
|
Basically you have chosen the wrong time to set one up but you might find this site helpfull:
https://www.antcam.com/
There are places online where you can order ants, worms and ladybirds but that too would envolve waiting.
| carvell wrote: | Right.
2 days ago I decided it would be a really good idea to buy an 'Antquarium' [1], "great!" I thought, "I can watch little ants crawl about and make tunnels and stuff!".
The 'Antquarium' arrived a couple of hours ago, I ripped open the packaging to reveal the Antquarium, in all its glory.
"Collect 15 ants from your garden" it read. So off I went into the garden with a head torch (it was dark..), a trowel and a small container. After much digging all I had managed to achieve was a trench you could fight a war out of and not one ant, NOT ONE!
So, I ask the all-knowing BCF (there's hope yet), where the hell do ants go in the winter, and how do i obtain them?!
I know the description says that there is a voucher which you can send off to get some ants, but:
1) I don't want to wait 28 days just for some bleeding ants.
2) I didn't get a voucher anyway.
[1] https://www.iwantoneofthose.com/ProductDetails.aspx?language=en-GB&product=ANTQUA |
____________________
-  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|