Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Okay, I admit to liking a Kawasaki

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:51 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Okay, I admit to liking a Kawasaki Reply with quote

https://www.motonline.com/img_repository/kaw_03_b.jpg

That is just sexy. There I've said it.
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:57 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is rather Very Happy .
I always fancied a nice blue ZX6R to be honest Smile .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:08 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant improve on perfection im afraid, you know its only the high spec you likem cos it looks like a frog Razz

https://www.honda.co.jp/news/1994/image/17_09.jpg

1:1 power to weight in this thing would be much better
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:10 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the second bit, but not the first mate Laughing .

I like the RVF on looks, I can't say i've much experience at riding them Laughing .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:43 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have loads of money you will never ride one of those RVF`s.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:37 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of which RVF's? are they a special type?
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
One of which RVF's? are they a special type?
That one is a 750.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin



Joined: 01 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:14 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVF750 RC45, handes like god's skateboard. £14,000 to you and it makes less power than a modern 600, but worth every penny.

Zim's CBT instructor had one I think he mentioned once.
____________________
3516 Miles, 11 Countries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, would be interesting to ride a RVF back to back with a modern sports bike.

Obviously something like the zx10 would completely obliterate it in overall speed, but I reckon most new sports bikes would be better handling, if you can judge such a thing.

Suspension technology has developed quite a way as well as the engine technology. So the technology you'd have to pay a lot for 10+ years ago is now OE on many bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
bah the RVF750 has had its day, stop living in the past and move to the future, there may not be many new litre bikes soon. ZX10 all the way baby yeah!

Luke
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

old, slow and may be a bit lardy by todays standards, but you cant beat the sound or the looks in my opinion
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 20 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RVF is an example of honda's technological expertise, and its attitude to building the ultimate machine for a particaular purpose, with cost not being an issue. The RVF would most likely handle extremely well, as it was honda's last and best attempt at making a sucessful V4 superbike, before it had no choice but to build a twin. The V4 series of Honda race bikes has been developed over years, to get it to its best, and the RVF would likely show that level of development in the way it rides. Its true to say though, that a V4 not even a Honda will ever be good enough to win Superbikes again, as its a V-twin dominated sport, and probably always will be! The RVF may only have 100bhp and be heavier than many modern sports bikes, but i bet it still feels great to ride, and would make a superb road bike for many, in terms of power delivery/Handling combination. A bit like the ZX7R, in that its not that powerful or light, but the power delivery, midrange, combined with the smooth stable handling, and excellent feedback, means that it would allow most average road riders to get the best from it. If nothing else, anyone who can afford an RC45 would have a modern classic, and zero depreciation compared to nearly all new bikes, so in that sense its value for money.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 21 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to say, I always fancied an RVF400 as a second bike, because (apparently) they're about 3.5/4k ish (allegedly).

And they look damn good too Very Happy .
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Shaun
Likes 'em bent



Joined: 17 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 21 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR125-Kid-UK wrote:
Going to say, I always fancied an RVF400 as a second bike, because (apparently) they're about 3.5/4k ish (allegedly).

And they look damn good too Very Happy .


Maybe you should get your first bike before you start dreaming about your second bike! Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR125-Kid-UK
Attention Whore



Joined: 03 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:25 - 21 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already covered matey.
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/nsrandy/96rs250/ My Bike!

"I'm either going to teach andy to get his knee down, or I'm going to get him killed. One of the two" - Teaman
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EuropeanNC30R...
Gay Hairdresser



Joined: 20 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 21 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then take a hint. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 90.36 Kb