Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Would you take part?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

If the "Go-slow for diesel" was happening would you take part?
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Message

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:16 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Would you take part? Reply with quote

Okay, hypothetical question to gauge potential BCF interest in the name of science and all that. Smile

"A mass 'go-slow' is organised for the second Monday in May 2004 in Central London to raise awareness of diesel on our roads and the impact it has on motorcyclists in particular. The route around the busiest parts, to get maximum coverage is to be arranged. Leaflets and flyers will be handed out to motorists etc and mass media coverage is expected."

Would you be prepared to take part?
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MIKEY B
Crazy Courier



Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately, I remember when (Annabelle or Vicky) came off due to a diesel spill and went into a lampost.

I remember my heart jumping into my throat straight away, and thinking how bad it could have been.

Mike.
____________________
GSXR 1000 K3 "Silver Bullet"
Yamaha XS 650 Hardtail bobber
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, but there's always an issue with these things - they need to be on a work day for maximum effect, but it also means the people taking part need to take a day off.

For the chance to ride round central London causing congestion, I'd take a day off. Very Happy Oh yeah, and it's a good cause obviously.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dusty
King of the Rim



Joined: 25 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:03 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it, assuming I have a bike.

Holding up London a bit sounds like a worthy cause, oh and the diesel thing too. Razz
____________________
Gallery
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote someone on visordown... a go slow protest on a Monday morning... would anyone noticed Rolling Eyes Neutral

But I'd come Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino



Joined: 31 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say to your boss "I got stuck in the go slow so I'm a day late"
Very Happy
____________________
Back on a Blade. Just feels so right.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for that, but like Ste says I'm not sure anyone would notice. Rolling Eyes The most pissed of would likely be the bikers not taking part who wanted to fliter past us!
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would but London is a bit far for me and my decrepid NSR.
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, because i can see the cause but if so and if it's first thing in the morning then i could do with a local bed/floor! Laughing
____________________
04 ZX10R ~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 23 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for it, Very Happy but I can foresee half the bikes on the forum overheating. Rolling Eyes Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kev
I Hump Things



Joined: 07 Oct 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:11 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would but I would be in my diesel car. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Danny
Ask Me About Stoppie School



Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 Dec 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev wrote:
I would but I would be in my diesel car. Laughing
I'd be careful about tightening your fuel cap. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 285 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.96 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 73.48 Kb