Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Street, Trails, DH

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 17 Jan 2008    Post subject: Street, Trails, DH Reply with quote

Hey

Been thinking of late of getting back into my cycling (read; arsing about)

Want a bike that I can mainly do Street and Trials, with some downhilling for shits and giggles.

Been looking at the DMR Drone. I know I'd need sus up front, but for £349 in some places how does it sound?

Oli
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:58 - 17 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd run a mile at the sight of a single speed bike with no suspension, but I spose I'm probably missing the point. It seems to get decent reviews.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 17 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a few mates that live close by that do a fair bit of street and the like. Seems like a giggle, used to do a bit of DH but always sucked, getting a bit fitter now and this can only help!

Pfft to your gears, sir.
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 19 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Seems like a giggle, used to do a bit of DH but always sucked,

Maybe because you did it on a bike with one gear and no suspension? Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RealNinja
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:35 - 19 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
garth wrote:
Seems like a giggle, used to do a bit of DH but always sucked,

Maybe because you did it on a bike with one gear and no suspension? Wink


Amen to that!

DH bikes and street/trails bike are totally different animals!

I can understand doing singletrack and DH, you would probably get away with that (though I wouldn't fancy the climbs on a DHer)

Though I would like to see you take on a DH track on a trails bike!

All I can say is....buy plenty of body armour! Twisted Evil
____________________
You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 263 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 44.71 Kb