Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


125's for 6'1 ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:43 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: 125's for 6'1 ? Reply with quote

Finally the OH has decided to do her CBT and get a 125 Laughing Only took a year and a bit.
She is 6'1 and likes the look of the Rs and CBR but im sure she might be a bit too tall and would be uncomfy.
I said we will pop to a bike shop to sit on a few but what would you lot sugest!?
I mentioned maybe an enduro/off road type but she dont seem to keen.
Also I said a 4 stroke would sound better.
Any Idea please.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be fine. I'm 6'1" and I ride an H100 which is tiny. I also used the ride a C90. I have to stick my knees out to turn the bars to full lock though.

I put taller bars on my previous one which meant they went over the top of my knees rather than bashing into them but I have since realised it is only once in a blue moon you'd want to turn them that far anyway.

The old CB125TD series were fairly substantial motorcycles.

Actually, the Hyo-Sung 125s look like fairly large bikes too although I can't claim to have ridden one.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrbluesbox
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know its not a 4 stroke, but im 6' and got myself on a Derbi GPR 125 Nude quite comfortably.
____________________
I seem to have misplaced my pants...................
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fahd
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hyosung is huge for a 125 and would probably suit her the most if she really wants a sports styled 125 that's 4 stroke. If she also wants a 125 that's fast though she should go for the Aprilia RS125, it's much bigger than the likes of the CBR 125 etc. and she will be able to give you a run for your money out in the twisties... Wink At her height she'd find the CBR 125 absolutely tiny, so I'd definitely say that's a no-no! RS125 for the win! Cool

I recommend you go to a few show-rooms, have her sit on the bikes and then see what she feels comfortable with, then buy the same bike from a private seller for much less... Laughing
____________________
I Ride: Honda CBR 400RR.
I Drive: Audi S3.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

She really liked my old bandit, so the Sung Comet 125 dose look nice, and looks bigger then a 125. Shall wait and see.
Cheers for the replys.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varadero 125. Without a doubt.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just spoted the Varadero too and looks huge.
Again, shops it is but this is just to give her a small idea.
She is fussy, and would possibly only buy a sporty look, nothing old like the CG's - altho I have said they are good learner bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Nice Guy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of a pic?

Tall girls rock.

Tall girls on a little bike?

Hmmmmmm.



(am kidding...)

I'm 6'2 and can ride a CG comfortably enough, even if I do look goofy as freckle. That just might be me though Mr. Green
____________________
Suzuki GSX-R750K4 ~ Mivv GP
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lady P
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Varadero 125. Without a doubt.



Was going to say that but you beat me to it

It is tall for a 125 I struggle with it for the hight
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T-b0Ne321
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about 6 1 and i have the Van Van and find that perfect size with room to spare.
____________________
Current bike: 08 ER6-N
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:25 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

another vore for the varadero
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

John C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 21 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first bike was a little NSR125 and at 6"3' I looked like a right twat.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:55 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gave her all the bikes that would suit a tall person. Then also said about test riding some in Eastbourne, but when I said about me test riding for my next bike it came to a blunt end.
I think she might settle for the Varadero which is nice but pricey.


Last edited by Louise on 12:00 - 22 Jan 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Type_Mo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:09 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT125R / XR125 / MX125 maybe?
____________________
- Typhoon ?0 - Yamaha DT125R - Aprilia SR125 - Yamaha DT125R - Honda Hornet 600 -
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:11 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter to much what bike I found, I'm 6'5" and had an RXS 100, it was uncomfortable small by any means.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/chris-red/photo001.jpg
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:12 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I just realised I looked pretty rediculous Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:17 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, If you pass me in Ports I dunno how bad Id crash my bike laughing at you Laughing

No seriously, good photos - shows my point to her. But then, if your going to do your full test anyway then dont worry about what other people think Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:34 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Chris, If you pass me in Ports I dunno how bad Id crash my bike laughing at you Laughing

No seriously, good photos - shows my point to her. But then, if your going to do your full test anyway then dont worry about what other people think Thumbs Up


I might have a year or 2 back I haven't ridden her in a fair while now. I still have her because I'm too attached, I'm not in Portsmouth any more I'm back in Essex but i pop down every now and then I'm down on the 8th for a pub crawl down Albert Road if you see a lot of drunk look gangsters I'm the tall one Laughing


And by gangsters I don't mean 'blud' 'bra' and 'is it', I'm going as Mr Red (the forgotten Reservoir Dog)
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mart_er6
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 22 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Honda Varadero.

It is more expensive than many other 125s but it feels like a proper bike which makes the step up to say a 600 more easy. At 6' I found the Varadero to be perfect and more comfortable than my ER6.. Engine's great for a 125 four stroke. The only possible downside is that it is a heavy 125 but that's good training for later on !
____________________
Honda Varadero XL125 "Vara" > Kawasaki ER6F "Smerf" > Triumph Sprint ST 1050
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ted
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 23 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hhmmmm.... 6ft1.... blonde, long legs?

ANYWAY.... back to topic....

erm, could she suffer a cruiser? They get looks, and sound good Thumbs Up

I'm 6ft3 and have a Gilera Coguar, no problems at all, good on long rideouts as well. A mate had a Kawasaki Eliminator, which was also good, but makes you're rear a tad numb on longer rides due to the posture....

Or there is always the Honda VT125 Shadow, in black and chrome... *drools*...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 23 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to chime in, I'm pretty sure the Varadero is as big as a 125 gets in terms of height, those Hyosung 125s are about the same size as typical 600 sports too.
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

6'1??? I wasted years looking for your O/H (looking down your O/H's cleavage all the time looses it charm. After a few years you just want to look them in the face Smile)

Back on track.

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p157/Kal_hybrid/Bike/cg125/000_0060.jpg

I am 6'4 and I loved my CG \m/

Anything about the same height with bench seat will be fine as she will be able to choose her own riding position.
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S


Last edited by Kal on 14:32 - 24 Jan 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aprilia's 125 supermoto would fit nicely i think. Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Azonicben
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:32 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Hyosung, same size as most 600`s Thumbs Up
____________________
Cbt-23/09/07.....Theory-16/09/08.....Das passed 10/10/08.....
Current bike- GsxR750 K4. Broken: Cbr400rr (Nc29) Sold: Hyosung GT125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

fatsamurai
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:44 - 24 Jan 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Hyosung. Those GT125R's are sweeeeet looking.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 259 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.18 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.74 Kb