 seawolf L Plate Warrior
Joined: 12 Apr 2008 Karma : 
|
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:27 - 12 Apr 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Buy the one with the biggest saddlebags and longest tassels...
 ____________________ "That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter |
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:04 - 12 Apr 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Unlikely to find anyone on here with vast experience of either. We had a 700 magna til recently but I have only ever ridden it on a carpark (before I passed my test) so not really enough to offer an opinion.
You could try asking on www.ukcruiserbikes.com although the forum is a bit slow at the moment.
Personally I would choose the one I liked the overall look and lines of best, but I am a woman..........  ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
 skida Trackday Trickster
Joined: 15 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:07 - 12 Apr 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Depends on what you want to do with it. The Magna 750 engine is based on the VFR750 and is a bit more sporty than the big V-Twin Shadow. My partner, Linda, bought a 750 Magna yesterday and I have had the pleasure of riding it home and today taking it for an MOT. It makes a lovely noise with the slash-cuts and is quite quick. It is strange having a cruiser that red-lines at 10k revs.  ____________________ Previous: Suzuki GT125, Honda C50, Honda C90, Suzuki GS125, Yamaha XJ600N, Triumph 955i Sprint ST, Triumph 955i Speed Triple, Triumph 955i Tiger, Triumph 955i Sprint ST
Current: Honda CBR600FR |
|