|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Catalyst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Catalyst World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:48 - 07 May 2008 Post subject: Boots Boots Boots |
 |
|
Well i'm getting all my gear ready for when i get my new bike, brought an AGV Airtech helmet yesterday, got some joe rocket gloves 60% off for £50 last week and now looking for boots.
I quite like the old Oxtar boots but they are no longer in production, alpinestars are stupidly over-priced and same with sidi really.
I'm looking for sporty looking ones, they're usually classed as racing boots you know like sidi vertigo sort of style. Not bothered if they are waterproof or not but got a budget of about £90-£110.
Any reccomendations?
Cheers, Jack  ____________________ |--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50... --Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 07:44 - 08 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oxstar are now called TCX if you were struggling to find them.  ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mal Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:55 - 08 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Got some Sidi Black Rain from the Busters shop a few weeks ago, £110-120 I think. Waterproof and sports style look though not featured on their website for some reason.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/product_images/sidi_black_rain_boot.jpg
Check out the other boots on their site, though I would suggest trying before you buy as sizes seem to differ quite a bit between manufacturers. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nixon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nixon Brolly Dolly

Joined: 23 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:31 - 08 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jackw72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jackw72 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:48 - 08 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Does it really matter what style they are Hollingstonstreetman?
Are you going to wear them to work?
I think sports type boots are a little less flexible, the boots that I have which are plain black I wear at work and at school occasionally, they look ok with a pair of jeans too. (The sidi's would probably too)
Might be worth thinking about the functionality.  ____________________ 08/11/2007 A2 Passed.
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K3
Rapid Training passed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Catalyst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Catalyst World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 08 May 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers for the help guys, found a place that are clearing oxtar boots so got some Oxtar speed boots for £90 down from £150! (Thanks itchy)
Dads looking for some so will show him this thread if he's interested. I'm only wearing them for when im out on a hoon, maybe sometimes to college.
Jack  ____________________ |--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50... --Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clone Scooby Slapper

Joined: 27 Apr 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|