Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Tire recommendations (model and where to buy?)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

loply
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Tire recommendations (model and where to buy?) Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a recomendation on some sports tires for my 02 R6. Just want a general purpose sports tire, I ride daily but would prefer something grippy and softer never the less.

Ideally I would like to not spend too much on the set, as I notice the price goes up steeply for some models of tire.

Also if anybody knows a cheap source to order them from online I'd appreciate the tip.

Thanks,
Rich
____________________
Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round and Black on ebay (roundandblack) have loads in stock and are cheap and fast. I use them and fit myself, quite a few of my mates get me to fit theirs too and I always buy from round and black.

Dunlop qualifiers get good reviews but it depends on the bike, maybe some other R6 owners can help.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyre

hth Thumbs Up
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LuckyDip23
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:57 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for round and black.
just got my pirelli diablo stradas from them for £151 - was far cheaper than anywhere else.
quick delivery too.
____________________
I have misplaced my pants.........
Derbi GPR 125 Nude (sold) ~ Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat (written off) ~ Suzuki GSX-R750 K2 ~ Triumph Speed Triple 1050 ~ Ducati Hyperstrada 821
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Glen
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Pirelli Diablos Strada Thumbs Up Found them great for a spirited commute to work in all weathers on my ZX6R.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stoo
PoshBoy



Joined: 11 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my last pair from https://www.sticky-stuff.co.uk/

free delivery seems to make it about the same price as the eBay shop. They do triple deals too if you find yourself shreading the rear!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:15 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conti Road Attacks were awesome on my 400. Thumbs Up
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:04 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm going to bash dunlop qualifiers again! Good grip and longevity, very stable tyre and warms up quickly. 150 a pair from roundandblack for the 180 sizes - 141 for 160 size.

I think Pirelli Diablos are good since they do the special 120/65 profile for the R6 because the 70's don't have good clearance.

Expect 4500 miles from a set of dunlop qualifiers in all sorts of riding (motorway - sunday hoons etc). They're easily the most confident tyre i've tested because i prefer stability over flickability in corners.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

loply
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 13 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atm I am drawn between Metzler SportTech M1's which are quite cheap (£139 the pair) and I rode the balls off them on my SV on road and track without problems.

And the Dunlop Qualifiers which are a few quid more but potentially more grippy?

I'm unsure really though. It might come down to tread pattern coolness Laughing
____________________
Yamaha SZR660 Caution to the wind, the throttle pinned!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 150 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.95 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 60.92 Kb